• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Power bank.

worth checking to see what size your hole is if you excuse the expression. :eek:

I've got a Micrometer somewhere, I'll stick it on the Radiator and warm it up a bit before I do any measuring....
anim_61.gif

Attachments

• anim_61.gif
    anim_61.gif
    598 bytes · Views: 19
I've got one of those somewhere, it's got s solar panel on it, supposedly so that you can hang it on your Bergan in the sun to recharge while walking.
Present from the kids for my last long trek..." Don't forget to stay in touch..yak yak "

Failed..my old phone hasn't got a little slot to plug the Gizmo in for a power transfer..
Good intentions by them but more time needed to be spent on recce of the kit in use...
anim_61.gif
Nokia will do a cable that connects to to a usb charger, there may even be one rattling about in the bottom of the box it came in, they probably don't produce anything comparable with apple connections

Attachments

• anim_61.gif
    anim_61.gif
    598 bytes · Views: 18
Continuing to play with the power bank :)

So far I have fully charged the phone twice.......fully charged 2X tent lanterns........small radio......and headlamp.
The unit has 4 blue indication lights to give an idea of power left in the unit......3 of them are still lit :thumbsup:

Kind of thinking that this unit will cover a week plus of camping needs when out and about.
Going to incorporate the vape.......but not done it yet.

Bought a protective case for it that has plenty of cable storage.......so everything in one place and to hand.

Happy so far.

Last edited:
Looks good Annie.....look forward to your thoughts when you have a play with it :thumbsup:
The hard case is worth the investment and keeps everything nice and tidy :)

@1 shot willie Mine will easily last a week while camping, I just ordered one of these. (The boy gave me an Amazon voucher for xmas)

Anker Solar Charger, 24W 3-Port USB Portable Solar Charger with Monocrystalline Panel for Camping, PowerPort Solar for iPhone 12/SE/11/XS Max/XR/X/8, iPad, Samsung Galaxy S20/S10/S9/S8, and More: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I'll be looking out for a hard case to put it all in once this arrives.
24W is good for these set ups, they're getting better all the time. I've got 2, one is 14W which was pretty good at the time and its fine on a good day so 24W should give you plenty of wigglies.

For anyone interested, Amazon have a 20,000mAH Anker powerbank on offer for £22.94

Anker Power Bank, PowerCore Essential 20000 Portable: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
bought 1 of them for the last Scotland trip (that went ahead) think it was 2020 :rofl: . any ways it was charged for the trip and it was used for the whole week while there keeping my phone toped up no issues :) anyways roll the clock forward to a few week,s back when i went out to do some pest control :whistle:... my phone was running down a tad and i found the power bank in my bag (which hadn't been charged for over a year !!!) and it was still over half full of charge :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: ... needles to say i used it for the 2 nights we were out :whistle:

bought 1 of them for the last Scotland trip (that went ahead) think it was 2020 :rofl: . any ways it was charged for the trip and it was used for the whole week while there keeping my phone toped up no issues :) anyways roll the clock forward to a few week,s back when i went out to do some pest control :whistle:... my phone was running down a tad and i found the power bank in my bag (which hadn't been charged for over a year !!!) and it was still over half full of charge :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: ... needles to say i used it for the 2 nights we were out :whistle:

Some of these powerbanks are really good and do hold a decent charge. Others.... not so much. I deliberately bought a 'skinny' one to keep in a pocket when going to football etc and it really doesn't like the cold. Looking for something equally slim to replace it, it still works but just not to my satisfaction. They're the same as anything I guess.

Back