• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

practical skills

edd5322

Extremely Talkative
Theres few things that i hope to learn in the future , but one that keeps cropping up is welding.Anyone got any tips how to get into it?

Best bet is a welding coarse mate. Best to learn the right way then add the bad habits afterwards. Lol watch out for the flash it’s painful. 4 hours and my eyes was still sore :D or just buy a welder and practice lol

My sister does that as a hobby, one obsessive wood turner in the family is more then enough but I have built and used a pole lathe before now. A draw bench to use with a draw knife is another useful badgers tool.

Great piece of work hes done there but i think i would just end up with alot of saw dust and wishing i had just used the log on the fire hahah.
Wouldn't mind making pottery mind , think i remember doing that a school once wasnt to hard either ( just need to get myself a kiln).

Theres few things that i hope to learn in the future , but one that keeps cropping up is welding.Anyone got any tips how to get into it?

I am a welder by trade, it is just practice to be honest, there are lots of different types of welding, gas, mig, tig and arc
if you are looking for something after the shtf I would suggest gas as it need no electricity

Back