• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Pre winter project

Bob N

Extremely Talkative
We all have winter projects to tide us over to the spring but what about fall projects to prepare us for that long winter.

Mine is to electrify my shed so I can put a little electric heater in there and do some shooting from it even if we get a good snow dump during those gloomy months.

Mine is to sort out my rifle, BSA supersport. She needs blueing also need to get a new scope and a silencer, possibly a bipod. Toying with the idea of stripping the stock and going matt black finish. Been stuck in a cupboard for years, time to clean her up and get back into practice

With the winter camp in Scotland happening in January there is a couple of things to get ready. @Matt and I both have big bell tents for this trip, and so does @WildWood1965, all have stoves but we have never needed to use the stoves before so the stove-jacks need fitting. We want to make them easily removable, so a bit of cunning engineering involved. The plan is to do this in 3 weeks time at the camp in Wales and test everything out. Hot tents - here we come! :)

Mine is already planned, kiss the dogs and beat the wife or maybe that should be the other way round

When you say "relay" the garden railway what exactly do you mean? I worked in the railway industry for 42 years

Back