• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Prep list from someone in the Bosnian war

OwlHoot

Slightly Talkative
Sorry if it has already been posted here, but in case not I thought some might find the following reference useful:

Lessons from Sarajevo

This is a long list of survival items. Quoting from the page:

.. Simon's novel is a lesson in how quickly civilization, as we know it, can fall apart, and how easy it is to behave like an enemy under stressful circumstances. It elucidates the terror, the hardships, the boredom, the strange bedfellows and the numbing of war. Let's not have any more. However, descriptions of life in the Bosnian quarter have much to offer the neosurvivalist avian flu afficionado, in the form of helpful hints

@OwlHoot That's a really good list! One thing I noticed was reading glasses and it struck me that it would be a good idea to have spare pairs of glasses. I know I'd struggle without mine and if they were to break, I do have a spare pair but they are a really old prescription and give me a real headache. I'm going to make sure I get another spare pair. Also thought the Mousetraps, Ant traps & cockroach magnets were a really good idea.

l don't think l'll bother with the mouthwash but amen to the glasses. l bought varifocals so l don't have to keep swapping glasses but l can't get on with them.

I've put off reading this but having looked at it now, I think someone's been rummaging through my stuff and making a list of it.:rolleyes: I was really surprised (and not a little embarrassed) at how much I already have.
I keep pairs of glasses all over the shop as well and I tried Varifocals, couldn't get on with them either. I got something akin to vertigo or seasickness, all that head nodding.

Back