• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Welcome to Life In The Wilderness

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Prepping Advice In The Local Rag !

Ystranc

It's because of national preparedness month, this has been planned for some time. The government's advice on how to pack a 72 hour grab bag makes no mention of a zombie apocalypse or bug out bags. All the sensationalist or emotive phrases are part of the newspaper's own editorial.
National Preparedness Month | Ready.gov this link take you to the government's webpage.

Last edited:

Ystranc

You're quite right, my mistake, that is the homeland security website...however to my certain knowledge there has been a prepping/disaster resilience event or exercise planned in the UK each September since 2016. I think the idea was probably lifted from the Americans.

Baytree

Very Talkative
Yes I seem to recall something of that ilk even if no details spring to mind. To be honest I first though your link was a UK site as it ended in .gov but it was only when I started reading through it and it started talking of the hurrricane season and damage in $ that I twigged.