• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Prepping for Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
Got myself a few bits for the Scotland trip ......

Fleece socks, thermal boot liner , fleece Beanie and some fleece long johns 👍

Can’t go past a Decathlon without buying something 🙄

D65DECD2-757A-41A4-BEBD-75440E518519.jpeg

Nice, have a great trip :)

The only moan I have regarding Decathlon, is that they change their designs way too often. When I lived in France they had a wickedly comfortable pair of shorts. But over two years they went from awesome to meh to na don't even bother. Because Decathlon in their infinite wisdom changed the cut, fit and pocket layout.

So if you find something you like go back and get more right away !

miss,s has got me a few items to help with the trip for xmass (under my instruction :) )

a pair of water proof warm gloves :thumbsup:

a few pairs of wool ski socks

a new pair of trousers

and a few items she,s keeping quiet about :rofl:

Last edited:
Shoes came today, look A1 condition and would have no fears using them :)

@Bopdude

I have the exact same shoes Al......they may come in very handy on the trip mate :xmas-smilie: :thumbsup:

Now there is a fun project for around the campfire for anyone interested.........make your own pair of snowshoes....good enough to get you out of a tight spot if you needed them.
Then all join in and have a competition to see who can walk a 100yds and back without them breaking :rofl: :xmas-cool:

Maybe a naff idea.....but could be a bit of fun and a laugh??🤔🤔

Last edited:
I like the idea but would we be allowed to cut the wood needed ?

For such a small project I doubt a small amount of wood will be missed.
From the pictures of the camp location that I have seen.... There should not be a problem...... Obviously use dead standing if possible.

Back