• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

press stud tool

nedbushcrafter

Very Addicted
$_1-2.JPG
Hiya guys I bought this last night cost £4.99 its the tools for doing popper fastners with the poppers sometimes if you have a popper go it can be annoying so I've ordered this to do my own repairs now also a few modifications to my sons knife sheath as his is Velcro and its worn out think little kit gonna be
handy

I use those all the time... A wee tip... If you get frustrated with the setting tool, just use a normal size phillips head screwdriver instead. I only use that method now. It splits the post into 4 tabs, which you can bend back and tap down.

Thanks hump I've never used one before but I have a few repair jobs to do my boys sheath my bike leather and my army poncho

Got the same selection very handy for fixing and making repairs also good to have some chiargo screws as well ned ;)

IMG_20160411_162749.jpg

Hiya guys well the tool came this morning and my first fix my sons knife sheath it was a better idea all round than velcro guessed this is classed as a modification lol

Nice fix mate i use a soldering iron to make holes in condura and nylon ;)

Just another little tip... If you're having to push the post part through nylon or elastic, it really helps to get a small HSS drill bit (snug fit inside the post). With the drill bit inside the post, push the drill bit through the fabric, then the post will follow effortlessly.

Thanks for the tip hump I found a small drill that fits the posts I'll keep it with the kit now :thumbsup:

Back