• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Product Recommendations

Offgrid hero

Slightly Addicted
I'm getting more and more into this prepping mindset and I'm going to invest in some more gear, it would be useful to know what gear is fit for purpose/good value and what stuff to avoid, the first couple of things I can think of is a half way decent camo jacket and a shelter/tarp any recommendations?

I get most of my stuff like that on ebay, I got a decent para camo jacket last year at Stratton car boot for £8- needed a new zip though!

as far as camo jackets go surplus stores are the best, keep your eye open in markets and car boot sales.

If your looking for Cheep then go for Karrimor. That’s what I use for over garments (waterproofs) they have a bad rep but for the price it out weighs the reviews IMO. The clothes I’m going for next are. fjalraven good quality but high priced. Watch for the size tho they can be deceiving! Now Bear Grylls stuff I have had a few pairs of trousers..and there not up to much I found the fit naff but there jackets are good. Also have a look at jack pike and jack wolfskin all good gear :thumbsup: If it’s camo gear then a would suggest ...river west... I’ve got the trousers and jacket and it’s good quality and dose what it says on the tin :D here’s a picture of the river west clothes.
2CB4ABA1-2A3D-4C71-A052-42E554F07532.jpeg

i got a couple of camo hoodies, its what I wear in the summer, £9.99 each. on ebay.

L
If your looking for Cheep then go for Karrimor. That’s what I use for over garments (waterproofs) they have a bad rep but for the price it out weighs the reviews IMO. The clothes I’m going for next are. fjalraven good quality but high priced. Watch for the size tho they can be deceiving! Now Bear Grylls stuff I have had a few pairs of trousers..and there not up to much I found the fit naff but there jackets are good. Also have a look at jack pike and jack wolfskin all good gear :thumbsup: If it’s camo gear then a would suggest ...river west... I’ve got the trousers and jacket and it’s good quality and dose what it says on the tin :D here’s a picture of the river west clothes. View attachment 202
Love the look of the old barn in the background Mark.
Keith.

L

Love the look of the old barn in the background Mark.
Keith.

It was used for cows Kieth. There’s a larger barn just of the camera we’re they store the gran. I had full camo on as I was picking of the crows and pigeons from the hay scattered round the back of the barn.

It was used for cows Kieth. There’s a larger barn just of the camera we’re they store the gran. I had full camo on as I was picking of the crows and pigeons from the hay scattered round the back of the barn.
I note you wear your watch on left wrist, so guessing you are right handed, but no bolt on the right hand side of your rifle so I assume it is not a bolt action .22 rimfire. What is that rifle you are holding Mark? (sorry to take this off topic:whistle:)
Keith.

It’s a brake barrel.22 air rifle. Just a cheep one I used for birds next to the barn sub 12fp.

Nice deduction Keith. Lol yes mate am right handed. At the time I had 2 sub 12fp air rifles one brake barrel in the above picture and a pcp I used for rabbit.
54024EFA-3808-4DC8-AF5C-9B3EDEBE6848.jpeg

Front heavy but a dream to fire.

It’s a brake barrel.22 air rifle. Just a cheep one I used for birds next to the barn sub 12fp.

Nice deduction Keith. Lol yes mate am right handed. At the time I had 2 sub 12fp air rifles one brake barrel in the above picture and a pcp I used for rabbit.
View attachment 203
Front heavy but a dream to fire.
Good one Mark, thanks for the info.
Keith.

Personally I wouldn't bother with camo. A while back a real naturalist told me that as long as you wear natural colours wildlife cannot tell the difference. Apparently the natural folds and light and dark shadow work almost as well as camo. He did tell me that covering your face is one of the best tricks (baseball cap or a scrim net).

Personally I wouldn't bother with camo. A while back a real naturalist told me that as long as you wear natural colours wildlife cannot tell the difference. Apparently the natural folds and light and dark shadow work almost as well as camo. He did tell me that covering your face is one of the best tricks (baseball cap or a scrim net).

Hiding your face is good info. I was told the same of an old hunter at one of my permission.

Back