• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Progress report lol

Ark79

Site Manager
Staff member
As yous probably know I’ve been doing some house renovations. Almost finished my living room and sons bedroom. Ceiling striped, coving up walls filled and sanded. All new skirting boards on new carpet down . Just waiting on the good woman to make her mind up on the feature wallpaper and the paint.... so as I’m waiting and waiting lol I decided to make a tv feature wall. Almost finished it. Got a small floating shelf under the tv to house the soundbar and hide the socket. And some strip lights round the back of the tv and bobs your uncles dog 👍🏻 Here’s a wee look at the unfinished projects😉
CC4CF749-DC69-4409-9586-9E2C938276ED.jpeg

The wood I used is 200 year old flooring. I believe it to be yellow pine. Beautiful character. My mate was refurbishing a restaurant using this for all the walls. Something like £80 a square metres 😲 glad I didn’t pay that for it.

Nice feature Mark....... Like it:thumbsup:
Get the paper hung and jobs a goodun :)
Have you got..... Or ever tried a pasteing machine mate.......neat speed..... save you hours of work.

Yes............. for many years Mark.

Absolutely brilliant and worth every penny.
It will pay for itself after a few jobs........or ONE large contract.
For larger contract works.....with long straight runs........you would leave the old "flip flap boys" way behind.........have the job finished.......paid up........while they were still cutting the lengths and mixing the paste 🤣

So easy and clean to use.........good on the smaller jobs too.

This is what I used.....my Son has it now on permanent loan:whistle:

Like any new bit of kit......you need to get used to it....pulling the paper through straight and square between the guidelines on the machine....easy.
Getting the paste plate gap right to control the amount of paste the roller picks up and then applies.
Normally whatever paper you are using....fold a corner in..... and use the double thickness to set the plate gap.........may have to fine tune.
In the end, I only used the readily mixed pastes just thinned them down a little.
No missed edges;)

Just a thought Mark.

Would come in handy right enough:thumbsup: missed edges are a bugger lol. As you say it could take a little getting use to but that’s the crack with anything....

I have a few things on loan or permanent loan from my dad :rofl: am sure you lad will let you borrow it back now and again if you ask nicely :whistle::lol:

As yous probably know I’ve been doing some house renovations. Almost finished my living room and sons bedroom. Ceiling striped, coving up walls filled and sanded. All new skirting boards on new carpet down . Just waiting on the good woman to make her mind up on the feature wallpaper and the paint.... so as I’m waiting and waiting lol I decided to make a tv feature wall. Almost finished it. Got a small floating shelf under the tv to house the soundbar and hide the socket. And some strip lights round the back of the tv and bobs your uncles dog 👍🏻 Here’s a wee look at the unfinished projects😉View attachment 16724

The wood I used is 200 year old flooring. I believe it to be yellow pine. Beautiful character. My mate was refurbishing a restaurant using this for all the walls. Something like £80 a square metres 😲 glad I didn’t pay that for it.

When you have finished you can do mine & Matt's decorating if you like Mark ? :D

We will leave the choices up to you because when you get here to do the work Matt & I are going camping ! :rofl:

As it happens I got offered 4 more boards today....am think a nice mirror for the livingroom :D now to convince the my good woman I need to take the hallway mirror apart to make the new one :sneaky:

I hate the hallway mirror :D

Back