• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Projects.

It's an open fronted shelter, I can get it past planning as another woodshed because technically it's a garden building under permitted development.
Similar to this.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    163.4 KB · Views: 104
It's an open fronted shelter, I can get it past planning as another woodshed because technically it's a garden building under permitted development.
Similar to this.
I know what they are Ystranc and I know what most people do wrong when erecting one

Since its Wales I was going to go for a very large overhang of the roof but you're dead right Joe...no point in building something so that it rains in.

Since its Wales I was going to go for a very large overhang of the roof but you're dead right Joe...no point in building something so that it rains in.
Point the arse just south of south wast and it'll be a proper job. 6ft 6 height at the front and five and a half at the back

Point the arse just south of south wast and it'll be a proper job. 6ft 6 height at the front and five and a half at the back
Nah, 6'6" at the front is way too low for me, I'm 6'4" in my bare feet, if I have my thick soled wellies on I'll be banging my head...I'll work out a few designs and build a few models first. I'm sure it'll be fun, just like the old days.

Nah, 6'6" at the front is way too low for me, I'm 6'4" in my bare feet, if I have my thick soled wellies on I'll be banging my head...I'll work out a few designs and build a few models first. I'm sure it'll be fun, just like the old days.
I'm lucky because I'm vertically challenged

Just building another 2 x 72" belt grinder, trying to improve on the last one I made.
This one will probably go up for sale once its done.
the main frame is stainless steel
Just doing it in my spare time.

Looking good Gazo 👍.....look forward to seeing the completed job :)
Have you had any more luck with finding your wheel??

Have you had any more luck with finding your wheel??

I have a new motor for the first one now it runs abit faster than the last one @ 3000rpm so have asked divebuddy if he can make me a 6" wheel for the new motor which should give me around 4700 surface feet per minute on the belt.
Also new motor is 2hp where the old one was 1hp so looking forward on getting the wheel made and get that running.

Back