• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Promotional Vid

Biker Bushcraft

Extremely Talkative
I think comms is key, here is a ham radio vid that may get you thinking there is a place within your prep for it ;)
Ps really easy to get into also!

I've never understood who I was supposed to be communicating with post SHTF, I've got a couple of radios for listening in, a battery one, a mains one even got a hand cranked one, but post SHTF I will be keeping a low profile and communicating with no one.

It would all depend on the scenario right ;) that said a man calls Bob Mcloed relayed a message to the government from the Falklands giving an indication that the rhumor of an invasion was in fact true! Also, the cry for help from Bosnia was via Ham Radio.
lol, this isn't a sales pitch though ;)

yes, I was thinking of a more personal level. whether there was a place in my plans for it, and I cant see one in my own situation. monitoring yes, I've got stuff for that, but transmitting no, cant TPTB triangulate modern ham radio? and find your location if they wish? the Nazis could do it back in WW2.

Last edited:
yes, I was thinking of a more personal level. whether there was a place in my plans for it, and I cant see one in my own situation. monitoring yes, I've got stuff for that, but transmitting no, cant TPTB triangulate modern ham radio? and find your location if they wish? the Nazis could do it back in WW2.
Indeed, you can learn a lot from listening in ;)

Comms i feel is my most over looked prep - I really must work harder on it in 2017.

Back