• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Pulk/Sledge recommendations?

G1ZmO

Site Manager
Staff member
OK so this is probably something I will use fairly infrequently but, given that last February's winter camp when I had 2 large rucksacks and a load of food in the car, I'd like something cheap that would accommodate a fair amount of kit if I have to drag it a distance (and then double up as a wind-break LOL).

I've been looking for a simple double length sledge but seeing stupid prices online for what is essentially a largish piece of plastic and will probably snap if I drill holes in the edge for bungees.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Pondering over this myself :thumbsup: there is a hunters sledge on eBay but after some thought and as you said @G1ZmO I will not be using it enough to justify 50+ pounds. @Matt thats the sledge for me:thumbsup: and as luck would have it. I already have one in the shed :cool: a few mods are needed just in case I have to strap anything down but apart from that it’s good to go:thumbsup:

Or you could make your own to your needs, the hardest part is sourcing the blank, hdpe plastic or similar, the great thing is that it rolls up to store :)

The best sledge I've ever encountered was a detached car roof which had the edges folded down by another lads father...happy days. No such thing as health and safety or the nanny state 40 years ago.

Back