• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Punk wood

Branno17

Slightly Talkative
Hi chaps new comer getting all kit together watching lots of vids question
Does punk wood have to be dry before you can char it mine i found is damp not soaked wet ,
So will i be wasting my time char cloth is perfect now want to try punk wood
Any advice most welcome ,
Good listener
Terry

Break it down into usable/manageable pieces put it of some tin foil and leave it the oven for a few minutes....depending on how wet is is.

How did you get on with your fir steel by the way??

Sorry....just read that again :rolleyes:......do the same as you would making Char Cloth.....put some small pieces in a tin and place it in the embers of a fire you will end up with some nice charcoal :thumbsup:

Sorry....just read that again :rolleyes:......do the same as you would making Char Cloth.....put some small pieces in a tin and place it in the embers of a fire you will end up with some nice charcoal :thumbsup:
Cheers matey
Fire steel I got it hot so it lost its magnatisim, quenched in oil, cleaned face on linisher tried again with piece of flint from same batch and sparky sparky average three strikes with char on top of flint and wallar, missus moaning now as im always making fires in my thunder tin cheers for the help

Back