• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Purple sprouting brocolli

Medwayman

Quite Addicted
Have not grown these for a few seasons. having this lot on Sunday with a rather large pork chop from the local farm, porky was probably wallowing in his mud just a few days previous and some home grown spuds with lots of mint form the herb garden!!
P1040002.JPG
P1040005.JPG
P1040006.JPG

Have not grown these for a few seasons. having this lot on Sunday with a rather large pork chop from the local farm, porky was probably wallowing in his mud just a few days previous and some home grown spuds with lots of mint form the herb garden!!View attachment 31061View attachment 31062View attachment 31063
Being a lover of broccoli as I am I grow different varieties so you can pick for about 6 months Med, a good healthy plant like yours could supply a couple of months worth of nice shoots

Reactions: Bam
I'll put my hand up, I can't tell the difference in taste between home grown stuff and bought but I get the satisfaction out of being able to grow it and feed yourself. We had a fair bit of broccoli last year, hoping for more this year.

I'll put my hand up, I can't tell the difference in taste between home grown stuff and bought but I get the satisfaction out of being able to grow it and feed yourself. We had a fair bit of broccoli last year, hoping for more this year.
Very high in vitamins and iron Andy, boil for a few minutes then butter and a bit of salt then you'll notice the difference

Very high in vitamins and iron Andy, boil for a few minutes then butter and a bit of salt then you'll notice the difference
Was speaking generally about veg Joe, I enjoy most veg. Just saying I can't really tell the difference between home grown and bought.

Back