• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Quechua Inflatable Bed.

Anyway :rolleyes:🤣 Back on topic gentlemen lol

It looks a very comfortable bed Mucker....well worth the money bill👍

Cheers Mark.

It is for use out of the back of the Landrover on longer meets really...... same as the carp beds and cots.

Although could be packed and carried a short distance with other kit carried in also.

In the picture I have my Osprey 68ltr pack.
Inside is my Slumit Gobi 3 tent.
My expedition down mat and pump.

The bed and pump sit happily on the sides strapped on.
Sleeping bag will tie off at the bottom.

This means I have my shelter......bed......sleeping bag.....mat pump in the same package.
Shelter being the most important to me anyway........I can have the shelter up and have a dry den to store my other kit as I bring it in to Base camp.

My load carrying days have long gone......so I am hoping there will not be too much yom ping.

The pack and it's load weighs in at a very approx 35lbs so not too bad.

@Bopdude......here you go Al.....the pictures.

Please count how often you inflate it till it breaks.

Decathlon writes that they tested it for 100 inflations?

???????

What?

?????????

OK, if a frog goes to the Côte d'Azur once a year, inflates it and uses it for 3 weeks at one and the same camping ground, the bed would survive 100 years.

But does it survive on a longer Land Rover journey only 3 month and a week???

Cheers Mark.

It is for use out of the back of the Landrover on longer meets really...... same as the carp beds and cots.

Although could be packed and carried a short distance with other kit carried in also.

In the picture I have my Osprey 68ltr pack.
Inside is my Slumit Gobi 3 tent.
My expedition down mat and pump.

The bed and pump sit happily on the sides strapped on.
Sleeping bag will tie off at the bottom.

This means I have my shelter......bed......sleeping bag.....mat pump in the same package.
Shelter being the most important to me anyway........I can have the shelter up and have a dry den to store my other kit as I bring it in to Base camp.

My load carrying days have long gone......so I am hoping there will not be too much yom ping.

The pack and it's load weighs in at a very approx 35lbs so not too bad.

View attachment 15803

View attachment 15804

@Bopdude......here you go Al.....the pictures.

Now that’s preparation :D

It’s very easy to overlook preparing for a trip of this sort mate. Having your shelter all together is top of the list. Everything else will follow nicely. And at 35 to 40lbs in one carry is fine in my book. Makes perfect sense bill👍

Am very interested to have your views after the meet....could be very temped as it’s a lot easier to take that than a carp bed.

Please count how often you inflate it till it breaks.

Decathlon writes that they tested it for 100 inflations?

???????

What?

?????????

OK, if a frog goes to the Côte d'Azur once a year, inflates it and uses it for 3 weeks at one and the same camping ground, the bed would survive 100 years.

But does it survive on a longer Land Rover journey only 3 month and a week???

I think the 100 will see me out and finished with Wild camping Erbs :whistle::D:D:D

Now that’s preparation :D

It’s very easy to overlook preparing for a trip of this sort mate. Having your shelter all together is top of the list. Everything else will follow nicely. And at 35 to 40lbs in one carry is fine in my book. Makes perfect sense bill👍

Am very interested to have your views after the meet....could be very tempted as it’s a lot easier to take that than a carp bed.

Hi Mark.

Cheers mate.....you will be more than welcome to try it out at the Scotters meet mate....................just don't get too attached to it...................... if you like it:p:D:D
Its a well-made piece of kit for sure..........the materials are very tough.
Definitely less awkward to transport than the Carp beds...........it just works for me :)

Back