• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Query .....

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
Does anyone know what the current sizing is on the PCS thermal trousers (the replacement for the reversible softie trousers) ?

The old ones were massively oversized and I’m after a pair of the new ones but can’t work out what size from the sizing guide.

I’m a small in the old ones , the sizing for small in the new ones suggests a 32 waist which I haven’t been for about twenty years 😊

I don’t wanna order a pair to have to send back ......

Can't help you with that Rob. I've still got the old ones in medium...... and they fit snuggley up under my armpits....:lol:

Looked at these but unfortunately not definitive. The new trousers appear to be sized differently and the issue is whether they are oversized or realistic. Might just have to pull the trigger and see what happens.

there’s not much on the web for these sizes. Bloomin typical lol. probably the best way mate, tho it is a pain in the arss sending stuff back, educated guess and buy then hope for the best🤷🏼‍♂️

Read the description of this pair (Size SML) & it may give you a clue as to the size you need to go for

I have heard that there have been a lot of complaints related to sizing issues with the new PCS set ! :thumbsup:

Read the description of this pair (Size SML) & it may give you a clue as to the size you need to go for

I have heard that there have been a lot of complaints related to sizing issues with the new PCS set ! :thumbsup:

Seen that 👍

I've had a pair, better colour than the old two tone pair but not really an improvement on them. Sizing the opposite of the old softies, sized smaller rather huge like the old ones.
I also bought the new jacket, a nice looking thing and wearable to the pub. But the sizing is small, ending up trying a couple sizes before I got one that fit. And again is nowhere near as warm as the original two colour softy jacket. Build quality definitely lower.
Hope this helps
Phil

I've had a pair, better colour than the old two tone pair but not really an improvement on them. Sizing the opposite of the old softies, sized smaller rather huge like the old ones.
I also bought the new jacket, a nice looking thing and wearable to the pub. But the sizing is small, ending up trying a couple sizes before I got one that fit. And again is nowhere near as warm as the original two colour softy jacket. Build quality definitely lower.
Hope this helps
Phil

I must admit, I'm a fan of the old set, wish I'd walked out the gate with a couple more.

Hope this helps
Phil

It does indeed , thanks 🙏

Your making me wish I hadn’t sold mine now !
Sorry, didn't mean to :) I recently bought a pair of Austrian Army Winter trousers, nice as a pair of overtrousers at camp, indestructible and pleasantly warm. Worth a look at for about £16 new. Although they don't compress down an much as the softy stuff!

Your making me wish I hadn’t sold mine now !

I'm a fan of relegating stuff to the 'reserve or training' list rather than binning it but I'll have to re-evaluate that come the spring, I've stuff getting fusty in the shed so bringing more into the house to stash in a back room. Its not practical to do it long term. I'll figure something, necessity is the mother of invention and all that.

Hope this helps
Phil

So my new softie set has arrived , sizing ok, as @Philmandoo says build quality is not as good as the old set , jacket is fine , seems to have more fill than the trousers which are definitely less filled and sized much more like normal trousers , I purchased large but reckon I’d struggle to get them over my day pants .

Should be good as night kit but will need to try them in a night out to be sure .

So far
7/10 on build quality
7/10 on sizing
8/10 on looks
Score to follow on warmth and comfort following active use 👍

Back