• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Quest For The Yorkshire 3 Peaks - April 2019

David Day

Slightly Addicted
I’ve set myself a goal (a bloody big one given my current state of fitness!) to walk the Yorkshire 3 Peaks at the end of April this year.

I haven’t done any proper hill walking of hiking in quite some time but I’m determined, I don’t care if I don’t clock the 12 hours (which I believe is the goal) I just want to make the journey 😊

Any advice from people who have done this before would be greatly appreciated, especially about a good place to camp the night before an possibly a nice pub to fall into after :D

Also, I found this little gem at the charity shop, it must be fate!

IMG_0290.JPG

Never done it or close, good luck, given your admission of level of fitness, have you got a get out of jail free card ?

Never done it or close, good luck, given your admission of level of fitness, have you got a get out of jail free card ?

Short answer no, but if im really struggling there are two points where you can 'ditch out' an get back to civilization relitivly quickly. If I got to the point where I thought I would need 'assistance' id quit straight away, no justification putting someone else in danger dragging my sorry ass of a hill!!!! Keep going steady and know my limits :)

Back