• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Quick Hello from 0151

ScouseJamie1995

Slightly Talkative
Hello Everyone,

My names Jamie but do prefer Jay, I'm 24 ( 25 in 13 days ... ๐Ÿ˜‹ ) from Liverpool and still fairly new to the whole wilderness activities. I've been camping maybe once or twice but in two weeks will be going with my girlfriend of 6 years to celebrate my birthday in the peace and quiet! Chester Lakes has been my spot I absolutely love the camp site at there, usually pitch up in the woodland non electric pitches. Last week I tried something a little different and went climbing up The Old Man of Coniston, first ever mountain climbed at just over 2600ft if I'm correct so I'm extremely proud and already have the Great Gable set in my views for around the end of August start of September. Glad I've found a community like this, I couldn't tell you where I found this site but I'm certainly more than happy I did! Hope to get to know a few of you and hope you all are well after the pandemic.

Thanks for taking the time to read this,

Jay ๐Ÿ˜

(ps its illegal and frowned upon but I'm what people like to call a stoner, so if there is anyone like myself out there feel free to dm for a gab ๐Ÿ˜„)

Welcome to the forum Jay, good for you for getting into the whole 'great outdoors' thing, enjoy your birthday trip and let us know how it goes/went. Don't be shy if you've got any question either, no such thing as a stupid question, you may get a lot of stupid answers though. ;)

Hello Jay, welcome to the forum. I don't think we have any climbers on the forum...Ah! Hang on...one or two may have climbed over the wall out of Barlinnie, but I don't think anyone does mountains...

:lol:

Hello Jay, welcome to the forum. I don't think we have any climbers on the forum...Ah! Hang on...one or two may have climbed over the wall out of Barlinnie, but I don't think anyone does mountains...

Makes me feel like that one guy at a party who's got a trick to show off ( in this case talk about ) ๐Ÿ˜„ heres some quick snaps from the climb which was last week, I can just about feel my calf muscles again ๐Ÿ˜„

Attachments

• 20200716_143145.jpg
    20200716_143145.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG-20200716-WA0037.jpg
    IMG-20200716-WA0037.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 141
Makes me feel like that one guy at a party who's got a trick to show off ( in this case talk about ) ๐Ÿ˜„ heres some quick snaps from the climb which was last week, I can just about feel my calf muscles again ๐Ÿ˜„

You're not alone mate, me and Smurf are partial to the really big hills too, what with one thing or another, we've not been able to do any this year so far. I'm getting too old and too fat for it really but you get a great feeling of satisfaction from getting to the top of them eh ?

You're not alone mate, me and Smurf are partial to the really big hills too, what with one thing or another, we've not been able to do any this year so far. I'm getting too old and too fat for it really but you get a great feeling of satisfaction from getting to the top of them eh ?
Yeah it was amazing to get up there, I'd always wondered what it would feel like and it certainly didn't disappoint, definitely something others should try once in a while its amazing!

Attachments

• 20200716_134124.jpg
    20200716_134124.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 100
I'm confused...yes I know that's my normal state...but when you lot spoke about climbing mountains I thought you meant hanging off an ice ledge by your eyelashes with a Yeti biting your bum, or roped together crossing crevasses on aluminium ladders...... People wearing flip-flops picnic by those Trig points.... :lol:

welcome to the family Jay. @saxonaxe actually sax we do have a climber ,me, I was a mountain leader back in my army days and my claim to fame was to be one of the first british soldiers to climb the Watzman East Face in Bavaria,2714 metres straight up.16 hours hard climbing

16 hours... climbing up a mountain !! Good grief Joe you must be potty. I like mountains, to look at, and I might even go to the top if there's a chair lift. I once walked up the path to the top of the Rock of Gibraltar, but that's about end ex for me and mountains...:lol:

welcome to the family Jay. @saxonaxe actually sax we do have a climber ,me, I was a mountain leader back in my army days and my claim to fame was to be one of the first british soldiers to climb the Watzman East Face in Bavaria,2714 metres straight up.16 hours hard climbing
All the more difficult with your little legs Joe.... Respect!

Back