• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Ramen Bombs .......

Looked good until it all went in together and set like concrete ;) but yeah, the Raman noodle's are on my radar, they do them in Tesco, might try some next time out :)

Wish I could find spam singles in the U.K. though ?

Looked good until it all went in together and set like concrete ;) but yeah, the Raman noodle's are on my radar, they do them in Tesco, might try some next time out :)

Wish I could find spam singles in the U.K. though ?

Yeah I've been looking today but no joy , I'm gonna give it a go next time using Gary's little mash pots . Also gonna get some dried vegetable's to try , will pre soak them to rehydrate and speed up cooking process, Am gonna try making my own camp meals as opposed to paying for them but still want them to be light and easily cooked .

Not seen them in Heron, i'll have look in there tomorrow. Are you looking at making some camping meals, incorporating mash pots.

I don't think you can beat the LWWF meals, esp when you can get them at a reduced price in £land :rofl::D

May need a few tweaks. But it dose have noodles so it’s a must try for me :thumbsup:

Now we’re talking :DThat would work. Maby throw in a stock cube when boiling the water

Hmm tbh I'd rather carry in a kg of meat and veg than the pre-processed stuff.
Planning a day camp (possibly night) tomorrow and will be attempting to make something other than sausages and coffee for a change.
I took an 'Uncle Ben's' when I went out with my son once but rice, seasoning, onion and pepper with some meat, I feel, is much better.
I have no issue with dehydrated food but the pre-processed stuff generally has way too many additives for my comfort.

HOWEVER, in saying all that, I haven't considered yet how I'm going to manage for 5 or 6 days up north in Feb since I eat a lot and I expect that I'll need to eat more in the cold to sustain myself.

Hmm tbh I'd rather carry in a kg of meat and veg than the pre-processed stuff.
Planning a day camp (possibly night) tomorrow and will be attempting to make something other than sausages and coffee for a change.
I took an 'Uncle Ben's' when I went out with my son once but rice, seasoning, onion and pepper with some meat, I feel, is much better.
I have no issue with dehydrated food but the pre-processed stuff generally has way too many additives for my comfort.

HOWEVER, in saying all that, I haven't considered yet how I'm going to manage for 5 or 6 days up north in Feb since I eat a lot and I expect that I'll need to eat more in the cold to sustain myself.
I tend to use a lot of dried stuff, including vegetarian meat substitutes as they are cheap and weigh nothing. Also nuts and glucose syrup or tablets. What I really believe I should try but, never get round to it is making my own pemmiccan.
In Scandinavia there are some good options for trail food from dehydrated Cod to reindeer heart.
Anyone here tried making pemmican?

I've heard of it but not seen it in the flesh ( pun ? ) just youtubed it, interesting stuff, hope to try some one day :)

I tend to use a lot of dried stuff, including vegetarian meat substitutes as they are cheap and weigh nothing. Also nuts and glucose syrup or tablets. What I really believe I should try but, never get round to it is making my own pemmiccan.
In Scandinavia there are some good options for trail food from dehydrated Cod to reindeer heart.
Anyone here tried making pemmican?

I've just bought some meat substitute this morning . I'll be experimenting with Ramen Bombs over the weekend ......
Pemmican has never appealed to me to be honest .....

Well as previously posted I have tried a few variations to Ramen Bombs and my scientific conclusion is that they are ok if you are starving but I personally would rather buy a dehydrated camping meal or take fresh food. Pre made camping meals are tasty and balanced with a known calorific value , making your own Ramen Bombs needs attention to ensure they are tasty and nutritious . If your just after a quick fill up then fine but they don't really hit the mark from an emotional point of view ........

To make them palatable you will need to add stuff ..... Chorizo , dried vegetables, spices etc , all taking time and effort to make something tasty .....

To me there are better options available whist maintaining pack weight and ensuring taste, I wont be a convert .........:(

Back