• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Recently purchased recommendations

IAM ODIN

Extremely Talkative
Hi all, i recently purchased the following 2 items via amazon.
The trousers are warm, comfortable, great fit, when wet/damp they dry quickly and caused no chafing problems. Decent price too.
The fleece is quite frankly awesome. Plenty pockets front, back and on arms. Good zips. Its very very warm. Has holes to wrist bands for thumb hold. Thoroughly recommended.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201117-171732_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20201117-171732_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    179.3 KB · Views: 145
  • Screenshot_20201117-171711_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20201117-171711_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 145
Cheers for sharing mate, always like to see new 'shiny shiny' although I need to resist temptation....

I mentioned that I'd ordered a Jack Pyke waterproof smock from fleabay, It arrived today. While it is not my normal thing (being a bit synthetic and fleecy lined) my first impressions are that it's reasonably good value but unlikely to wear as well as the Alan Paine smock. It is reasonably waterproof (new out of the bag) waterproof zips and interlining with a soft shell outer that is supposed to be silent. It comes in mossy oak, forest green or a nice mat shade of brown. I'm glad that I ordered the XXL as it is barely big enough and has no side zip to help you get it on over the top of other clothing. Once I'd fought my way into it, it was so comfortable I didn't want to take it off again. However anyone who is even slightly generously proportioned around the middle would be wise to go for the XXXL.

Last edited:
I mentioned that I'd ordered a Jack Pyke waterproof smock from fleabay, It arrived today. While it is not my normal thing (being a bit synthetic and fleecy lined) my first impressions are that it's reasonably good value but unlikely to wear as well as the Alan Paine smock. It is reasonably waterproof (new out of the bag) waterproof zips and interlining with a soft shell outer that is supposed to be silent. It comes in mossy oak, forest green or a nice matt shade of brown. I'm glad that I ordered the XXL as it is barely big enough and has no side zip to help you get it on over the top of other clothing. once I'd fought my way into it, it was so comfortable I didn't want to take it off again. However anyone who is even slightly generously proportioned around the middle would be wise to go for the XXXL.
Sound advice there MIKE

Back