• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Referb of Norwegian framed pack.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
I bought a Norwegian metal framed backpack a while ago off of "Beardyman"............ forum member.
Been meaning to reproof it, and finally got around to doing it today.
Gave a right-liberal coating of Fabsil.....stank the workshop out:rolleyes::D

While it was drying I set about making some extra utility straps for it.
Riveted a hatchet loop on to it, and added a couple of "D" rings for the extra tie on points.

The pack's intended use is for days out, and short stopovers.
I plan to tie the tarp shelter to the lid of the pack.
The sleeping bag will be hung from below.
Leaving the main compartment for my other bits and bobs.
Side pouches will hold Clean Canteen water bottles.

All kit stowed inside will still be placed into dry bags.
I would like to have replaced all the leather webbing, but that would be a fair old job.....one day maybe:)

Will put up some pictures soon.

Last edited:
DSC01951.jpg DSC01953.jpg DSC01955.jpg DSC01956.jpg View attachment 4908

I cut some leather loops for the utility straps, and then changed my mind, favouring key rings instead.
Just a few more tie / clip on points if need for light weight kit.
All the riveted patches etc are backed up with thick leather on the inside, used double end cap rivets.
The straps etc were given a coat of warm Neatsfoot oil.
Can just see the "D" rings on the side pouches in picture 1

So.....there tiz me dears.

Attachments

• DSC01954.jpg
    DSC01954.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 294
  • DSC01951.jpg
    DSC01951.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 214
  • DSC01953.jpg
    DSC01953.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 189
  • DSC01955.jpg
    DSC01955.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 259
  • DSC01956.jpg
    DSC01956.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 211
@lol

Cheers Lol :thumbsup:

It is a "TeleMark" pack............. and in its day must have been cutting edge as far as pack design goes.
Comfortable to carry and the side pouches are a useful size.
Ole Bergan, a Norwegian, designed this pack in 1908 and it was first used in 1909. The Norwegian Army used it until 2012.
The original leather used on the pack was "Caribou"

Aah yes............ a "bisto" pack if ever there was one:thumbsup:
I just love packs like that, the most currently easy one to get and I'm guessing, is the LK 35, which I use and love..........

@lol

Cheers Lol :thumbsup:

It is a "TeleMark" pack............. and in its day must have been cutting edge as far as pack design goes.
Comfortable to carry and the side pouches are a useful size.
Ole Bergan, a Norwegian, designed this pack in 1908 and it was first used in 1909. The Norwegian Army used it until 2012.
The original leather used on the pack was "Caribou"

Category: Norwegian Army Telemark Pack

I bought 2 of these 18l Patrol Packs for £35 about 10 years ago both in unused condition & they are now very rare ! :thumbsup:

Something else I may add to the harness of this pack is a Sternum Strap.....I think it will be a benefit and add more comfort mate :thumbsup:

Nice pack bill, good idea about the ID label/ axe loop...always usefull for an axe weilder to know their blood group in advance.

Last edited:
Thanks for your input mate :thumbsup:

Might add the leather Blood Group patch to the rest of the packs........just in case :):thumbsup:

I'd considered a tattoo of my NHS number and blood group but never got around to it...I used to know a guy called Dereck who tattooed his knickname across his own forehead while in prison...the problem is that he forgot to correct for it being a mirror image and was barely semi literate in any case...worst idea possible for a career criminal to have his name across his forehead so it was probably a good thing for him that it was almost completely unintelligible.

Back