• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Regatta rucksack.

Oot

Quite Addicted
Bought this the other day.....as I was needing another rucksack to add to my increasing collection🙄.....it's a regatta survivor iii 65....it seems pretty well made and is comfortable, doesn't have adjustment for back height but I can never get that right anyway.....cost.....£30 posted from regatta website....thinking of going for the 85 litre version which is £29😮.....will give it some hard testing over the next few weeks and see how it stands up.....note to self....stop showing grandson new gear as he runs and tells grannie that grandad has bought another rucksack 🤕

Attachments

• 20210103_133740.jpg
    20210103_133740.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 123
  • 20210103_133835.jpg
    20210103_133835.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 20210103_133754.jpg
    20210103_133754.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 128
Looks a lot of pack for the money? Just going to post an update on the Snugpak Bergen.............

Look forward to seeing it in the field Ricky. Is the sausage dug there for a size comparison ???? ;)

It looks like great value for money, I sometimes wonder how other kit ever got as expensive as it did. I'm sure camping and hiking was once a cheap hobby.

Reactions: Bam
Fashion... An LK 35 pre Bush Craft days was usually found in the " strange foreign kit" pile at about £10-15...If you can find one they're about £50 now, grade 2 at that..😀

It looks like great value for money, I sometimes wonder how other kit ever got as expensive as it did. I'm sure camping and hiking was once a cheap hobby.

Same as anything, you can get the bog basic for £X or get the one with bells and whistles for £Y then you'll be the envy of all your friends.

An element of fashion crept in but also good quality outdoor kit was made in small factories on behalf of small companies; the cost of the item also swept up the cost of design and testing and because of the cost they were high quality built to last.

Now everything is made in the same Chinese factories which brings costs down; there’s also the fact that if a company designs something at the premium end of the market then pretty soon another supplier will buy an example, take it apart and make a very good facsimile and sell it for less as they haven’t had to invest in design, testing, production etc.

Prices are thus driven down unless you are at the absolute premium end of the market where suppliers such as North face actually enforce minimum selling prices to maintain premium market position. A side effect may be that you then drive the innovators into different markets and your one stagnates.

I have one, unadulterated, pristine, with only a couple of trips usage, well 3 actually, if you include the one down the stairs....
I look on it as a long term financial investment, another year and it may buy me a small cottage in the West of Ireland. 🤣

Real men smoke Marlborough, knock up 5 course Bush Craft meals and carry their kit in an LK 35....spread the word.

Galway looks nice 😂

I'll take that :whistle: ;)........don't smoke though...................unless I'm mad............🔥🌪️💥

😶 I have no friends 😞😆😆😆 I'll go with the cheap stuff...

I don't have an LK35 and I'm proud!.....there I've said it and it's out in the open 😂

Ditto.

Being a girl military packs (literally) don't sit well.:rofl: I did up an ALICE pack that I was given, but it's still not particularly comfortable so it will go on the shed wall as storage, next to a Swedish military pack the boy bought and ditched, hence why I've bought this.

Back