• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Replacing a Sleeping Bag Zip. Any Advice?

Brambling

Very Addicted
The zip on my Snugpak sleeping bag has broken, Snugpak have sent me a replacement zip to put in, they don't have a repair facility anymore. Are there any tricks, tips or pitfalls (apart from getting someone else to do it!) that I should be aware of? I'm pretty handy with a sewing machine and am happy to have a go.

Usually the zippers of quality sleeping bags break after the synthetic fibres of the filling.

The sleeping bag became less effective but kept its weight. And usually the zipper is relatively to the price of the sleeping bag very expensive.

So most people replace the whole sleeping bag when the zipper is broken.

There is nothing wrong with the sleeping bag and I did say that Snugpak have sent me the zip free of charge so I was looking for any possible tips, tricks or pitfalls. :rolleyes:

Why do I never think of utube?:oopsy:

Its pretty much the ;go to' if you want to know how to do anything now, every now and then you have a brainfart and forget though.... did it yesterday myself. :whistle:

I use it for dehydrating, preserving and camping hacks, I just don't think of it for the less common things. :rolleyes::D Anyhoo, the deed is done and I think I know what the problem is, so utube has saved the day again. Just waiting for the last of the camping stuff to come back from the old house to fix the zip.

Reactions: Bam
Back