• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Retail Therapy

Manthing

Administrator
Staff member
Well the Dr said I can't drink any hincohol on my meds so I thought I'd spend this weeks beer money (as if 🤣) on a cheer me up.
Funny as I decided only the other week that the ultra is a bit too nice to use as a night time ratter, all that bumbling about in the dark is nerve racking with a nice gun. Did have a look for an BSA R10 in a black stock but even 2nd hand they are not cheap..
Then looked at Walther RM8 again in black which is more affordable.
Called into my local rfd and he had an RM8, but in .22 and I fancied a .177 cus range estimation is harder in the dark and I keep finding new places to hunt rats from.
So, I explained what I was after and a glint appeared in the wee fellas eye.
"Have a butchers" and he pops the hard case onto the counter.
"This is my last one of these for now, and I'll do you a deal" 😉
"Wow, that's a bit tickytackle init"?
"Well, you wanted a black gun"
So, I give you the Reminex Ixia. Bit of a departure for me, but what life without a little whimsy.
20230428_213556~2.jpg

I'll put the 6x50 photon on it and the ir torch will go on the picatinny rail just in front of the trigger.
Really need to get the dive bottle tested and filled with all these pcp's about the place.. 🙄🤣

That is a lovely looking rifle Manny :thumbsup:

Have you had chance to have a plink with it yet?

Look forward to hearing your thoughts and seeing a few targets peppered :D

Very nice mate.........just what the Dr ordered :rofl:

That is a lovely looking rifle Manny :thumbsup:

Have you had chance to have a plink with it yet?

Look forward to hearing your thoughts and seeing a few targets peppered :D

Very nice mate.........just what the Dr ordered :rofl:
Not even loaded a magazine yet matey.
Apparently it's similar to the FX setup where you can swap barrels (think fx call them liners) between caliber and pellets and slugs.

Got to cut the grass first matey, can't see the targets.
Its like a jungle out there.
Hmm, that sounds like a song...
Feeling any better yet? Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon. Last time I had a tick bite the antibiotics they gave me were so strong it was unbelievable and listed hallucinations and psychotic breaks as side effects. I didn’t experience any problems but I tend to avoid them now unless absolutely necessary.

Feeling any better yet? Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in soon. Last time I had a tick bite the antibiotics they gave me were so strong it was unbelievable and listed hallucinations and psychotic breaks as side effects. I didn’t experience any problems but I tend to avoid them now unless absolutely necessary.

I'm in that "get worse, before you get better" stage mucka. The lawn mower is a ride on so not to bad.
I'm hoping by Tuesday I'll be in the getting better stage. Just gotta do what you can and carry on.
Grandson wanted to go for a walk, went to the end of the drive, its only about ⅓ of a mile each way, good job he only walks slow 🤣🤣

Got the photon on the rail last night but not far enough back.
So an order is in at ant supplies for a few bits for it.
Why is it as soon as you've got the order conformation you think of sumat else?

Back