• Welcome to Life In The Wilderness

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Scotland return to Galloway chat 2021

Looks good @Bam :thumbsup:

So you would fully charge the unit at home and then use the solar panel to trickle charge and top up when oot and aboot?
Not too good with electricamy gadgets myself........so how many times could you charge your phone from it do you think?
Or run a small laptop....tablet?
Aye, ideally charge it at home and then top up when you get the weather. Even on dull days you get something going in. Its basically a 100500MaH powerbank. It claims to be able to recharge a phone 60-65 times or a laptop 5-6 times. AC for less, you can run a small fridge for 6-8 hours or smaller devices like a fan for longer. Its not cheap but gives you plenty options, I'm pleased with it so far.

;)šŸ˜€looks like a great bit of kit.....but.....
Does her indoors know the price....;)
More or less, most of it was paid for with birthday money. Not sure she knows how much the solar panel was though... :whistle:

As we've not been doing 'anything' for the last 3 months or so we've saved a fortune so I was able to buy the panel out of the money I usually fritter away. We've even been able to fire a load into the CC's too. #lovingthelockdown ;)