• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Returning to the outdoors after cancer.

Cancer Survivor

Slightly Talkative
Hello all, well, I never thought I’d be back at it, camping after going to hell and back with cancer, treatment, radio and herceptins... was so dam miserable not being able to get out due to post cancer issues.... so I thought sod the bloody whole dam thing... I’m going to do it regardless of severe arthritis due to treatment. I might not be able to carry a heavy load but I can car camp and that will do. Dusted the Swedish trangia, BCB crusader (modified with fire rope) riffled through the hug out bag and checked how the Snugpak is fairing... bring on stary nights, frost on the tent and liquid fuel that can’t be lit due to low temps.... dam fine happy days

Hi and welcome, sounds like you've been through the mill, hopefully on the up now, welcome to the forum.

Hi and welcome, sounds like you've been through the mill, hopefully on the up now, welcome to the forum.
Thank you... yes, been through the mill. Loved to tell the tale thankfully. Canny wait to get back out again... had to upgrade to a camp bed as the SIMS are a no go with the arthritic riddled carcass...

Welcome aboard mis survivor :D:thumbsup: Now a person who has came out the other side of All that and is still determined to carry on regardless should get a stand ovation. Well done you:thumbsup::thumbsup:

It’s ok... we have to go through some rotten times in our lives. It’s mindset with a lot of positivity and a dam good sense of humour which enables us to get back to some sort of weird normal with limited assets haha. Just been checking out some tarp clips... always a little something you need for these adventures in the outdoors.

Hello all, well, I never thought I’d be back at it, camping after going to hell and back with cancer, treatment, radio and herceptins... was so dam miserable not being able to get out due to post cancer issues.... so I thought sod the bloody whole dam thing... I’m going to do it regardless of severe arthritis due to treatment. I might not be able to carry a heavy load but I can car camp and that will do. Dusted the Swedish trangia, BCB crusader (modified with fire rope) riffled through the hug out bag and checked how the Snugpak is fairing... bring on stary nights, frost on the tent and liquid fuel that can’t be lit due to low temps.... dam fine happy days
welcome back from the dark side, getting back into the woods is one of the best medicines there is

Getting out into the outdoors is a dam fine medicine. Who want to stop at home and geumble anout like when you can make it as good as you want. Just sorting out all my kit at the moment. Going to start up my YouTube vlogs again as well.

Hello

Good luck to you......get out there and take that medicine.......doubles doses advised ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forum Cancer Survivor :)

Sounds like you've made it through, here's to good health and happiness for the future :thumbsup:

Back