• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Reviewing camping meals

Woodlander

Very Addicted
Hi folks,
Letty from www.tentmeals.co.uk has made us this offer:

I can offer you a 40% discount on as many meals and breakfasts as you want in exchange for an honest review - does this work for you? I would also be happy to create a 10% discount code/link for you to share with the community & in your review :)

Who fancies buying and reviewing some of these?
Let me know asap, and I will let her know and put you in touch.
All in aid of our wonderful forum.
Best wishes
Woody

As good as they look and sound I'm a carnivore and would need / want meat based meals, sorry :(

I'll give them a go as I like veggie meals and thought about buying this brand. But I won't be out again now til next May if she can wait for the review.

I'll give them a go as I like veggie meals and thought about buying this brand. But I won't be out again now til next May if she can wait for the review.

source.gif

Would she have a problem if they were tried in the home? It would be interesting to compare with my own homemade veggie meals.

Would she have a problem if they were tried in the home? It would be interesting to compare with my own homemade veggie meals.
Sorry for late reply. Family bereavement.
I think if its a video review it would definitely have to be on a trip. They are camping meals so would assume they want them tested outdoors as in weight and ease of heating in a camping environment. But I will email and ask.

Its a very generous offer but while I love a mac n cheese or chickpea curry I can't base a camp menu on vegetarian meals.

I suspected as much. With winter just around the corner and other non winter campers winding down now it will be left up to the hardy boys.

@G1ZmO

Hi Paul.

I realise you are busy at the moment.....but being one of the forums top video makers and producers :sneaky: do you think you could find the time to try some of these Tent Meal products?
Make a video in the field preparing and enjoying the meals?

@Woodlander

Do you think "Letty" would be up for donating a Breakfast meal and perhaps one of the main meals/trail mix for the review?
She could post direct to Paul if he.....and she are up for it?

Seems like a good product.....just a thought :)

@G1ZmO

Hi Paul.

I realise you are busy at the moment.....but being one of the forums top video makers and producers :sneaky: do you think you could find the time to try some of these Tent Meal products?
Make a video in the field preparing and enjoying the meals?

@Woodlander

Do you think "Letty" would be up for donating a Breakfast meal and perhaps one of the main meals/trail mix for the review?
She could post direct to Paul if he.....and she are up for it?

Seems like a good product.....just a thought :)
I have asked previously and I dont think donating is an option. I think the offer made is the best they are able to do.

tbh I wouldn't have any of their breakfast options and the Jalfrezi main is the only one I'd consider. I just don't have a sweet tooth, especially in the morning. Give me steak and eggs cooked in beef dripping at every meal and I'd be happy. I completely disagree in the adage that 'fat is bad'. For anyone interested this documentary is worth a watch We Love Paleo (2016) - IMDb

Update on this.

Curiosity got the better of me.....and I quite like the sound of the "Blueberry Breakfast"
So....went to the web site and placed 1 Breakfast in the cart to try.
Moved on to payment pages and went through the normal procedure.
Nearly fell off my chair......they wanted £3.80 POSTAGE ..........nearly as much as the meal itself :eek: :eek: :mad:

Needless to say I will not be trying these products.

I have added the 0.5l food flask to my Christmas list though (not through this supplier)
I think it will come in very handy for other meals of the same ilk :)

Have received an Email from Letty @ tentmeals. She wishes us all well and would like to support the forum by offering 40% off the meals or 10% off for the forum. These offers are permanent for us.
As I am going to Scotland end of next month I'm thinking of getting some and doing a reveiw. Any other takers?

Once you've applied a 40% discount for forum members the main meals seem quite reasonably priced for MREs, they're probably not much different in price to what it would cost to make your own dried meals in small volumes. While I'm not actually veggie I have no objection to eating vegetarian food if it's convenient and keeps well.
Jon, do you have any idea what sort of shelf life these meals have and what they're actually packaged in?

Once you've applied a 40% discount for forum members the main meals seem quite reasonably priced for MREs, they're probably not much different in price to what it would cost to make your own dried meals in small volumes. While I'm not actually veggie I have no objection to eating vegetarian food if it's convenient and keeps well.
Jon, do you have any idea what sort of shelf life these meals have and what they're actually packaged in?

I make my own dehydrated meals, always veggie although Quorn mince is really handy. The Quorn chicken 'bits' turn to bullets after dehydrating and take far too long to reconstitute.

Back