• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Ridge Rock Bipods

SharpShooter14

Extremely Talkative
Has anyone owned/tried one of these before. They look identical to the harris ones and have all the same features. Apart from the price difference, whats the difference between these two makes?(If there even is one)

Thanks

the only difference is build quality, a harris is better, but the ridge rock come a very very close second, my mate uses one and he has no trouble at all with it/

Cheap copy of a good bipod, I wouldn't want one as a gift. I have most of the "Harris" 'S' series bipods.

Airgunner said:
Cheap copy of a good bipod, I wouldn't want one as a gift. I have most of the "Harris" 'S' series bipods.
I had a Harris which was too long so i visited the gunshop to get a different model,all they had in the swivel version was the Rockmount,i had a look at it & it seemed sound so i bought it,i've had no trouble with it whatsoever,why there seems to be this myth that they fall apart as soon as you bolt them to the rifle i don't know:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

bstrdmissed said:
I had a Harris which was too long so i visited the gunshop to get a different model,all they had in the swivel version was the Rockmount,i had a look at it & it seemed sound so i bought it,i've had no trouble with it whatsoever,why there seems to be this myth that they fall apart as soon as you bolt them to the rifle i don't know:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:.

I take it they fit onto QD studs... right?

I think i'll stick to my Harris S LM 9-13. i looked at the Ridge Rock and it looks the same but the build quality isn't the same IMO.

ive got a shooters ridge bipod and its bloody good for the money.i personaly wouldn pay the extra for a harris.the harris may be better quality but its not that much better.not nearly double the price better anyway.

Attachments

• my new bi-pod.jpg
    my new bi-pod.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 52
if you are gonna get a shooter ridge bipod or a harris order it from www.cabelas.com i only payed £33 for mine and thats with post and package.;)

www.opticswarehouse.co.uk is where i got mine from (Shootersridge).

Everyone seems to rave about teh Harris ones being second to none over the SR ones. Cant see no difference personally, not had a problem with mine.

i think that most of the people slaging off the shooter ridge ones have got a harris and havnt really tried the shooter ridge.theres no problem with mine what so ever.

homer said:
I think i'll stick to my Harris S LM 9-13. i looked at the Ridge Rock and it looks the same but the build quality isn't the same IMO.

Spot on mate, I have seen the other lookalikes. Most of my Harris's are over 8 years old and still going strong. As I said wouldn't have one of the others as a gift. If somebody gives me one of those others I know where I can get rid of it now. :D:D:D

Airgunner said:
Spot on mate, I have seen the other lookalikes. Most of my Harris's are over 8 years old and still going strong. As I said wouldn't have one of the others as a gift. If somebody gives me one of those others I know where I can get rid of it now. :D:D:D
So you've seen others but not actually owned a Rockmount then Baz?

have 2 of them, no complaints at all, think I paid £70 for 2 delivered from an ebay seller

bstrdmissed said:
So you've seen others but not actually owned a Rockmount then Baz?

Seen them, used them and I still prefer Harris. I have arthritis and the Harris is strong enough to use to help me get up from shooting prone just by using it as a prop while its still on the gun. Difficult to explain but it works.

:D

Rockmount are very good bipods. They are copies of Harris and are nice quality. If described in airgun terms the Rockmount are BSA type quality and the Harris are Theoben type quality. Like this example the Theoben are better quality but they are not twice as good as BSa and nor should they be twice the price. If I had to choose (i don't use bipods-its cheating) I would buy a Rockmount over a Harris just down to quality compared to price.

Bump, I know this is an old thread but I have two second hand Harris swivel bipods, Lord only knows how old they were before I got my hands on them but they’re spot on. Since they don’t rely on friction they can have a wipe over the legs with silicone oil and they’re like new. I also have a really cheap Chinese copy which is actually alright.
Little things on the Harris make the difference, such as the thickness of the metal making it more rigid or the secondary QD stud on the bipod so you can have bipod and sling..not all of the clones have this.
The one thing that has always failed me whatever the brand is the small foam rubber pad that prevents damage to the fore-end of the rifle…they always break down or fall off.

Last edited:
Back