• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Ridgeline torrent euro 2 jacket

Ark79

Site Manager
Ordered this jacket for the Scotland trip. It arrived today :D my first impressions are good. The quality of the jacket is top drawer imo. Definitely value for money....well so far lol.
it feels light and warm when worn as it was described.i ordered a large....following some research on the jacket and am glad I did as there is plenty of room for extra layers :thumbsup: The pockets are large and well placed. The chest pockets are placed perfectly for someone my height (5.11) I could keep my hands in them all day without discomfort.
Also the design has more room from chest to shoulders to allow for movement when shooting as you would expect from a good hunting jacket. Happy days well chuffed :thumbsup:

That’s all I have for the mo chaps:D I should get out soon and wear it on a long walk to see how it performs:D

I have long hankered for the Ridgeline Monsoon jacket, maybe one day, thanks for the info :)

Not sure about the monsoon mate. If it’s anything thing like torrent then am sure you will not be disappointed :thumbsup:

Be sure to do the walk test Mark.......so worth it!!! ;):thumbsup:

I went for the Monsoon Elite 11 Smock and the Bushmaster Jacket as well.........both used mainly for shooting and outdoor use when not Wild camping.
Neither one of these sweat inside when things get warm:thumbsup:

The Bushmaster Jacket has underarm zips which is handy to vent the jacket in warmer months.....or if working/walking hard in the cold :thumbsup:
Both have excellent hoods.

Definitely will do that bill. As you said buddy worth finding out :thumbsup:

No zipper under the armpits on this one :thumbsdown:

I gave the jacket a good field test this morning. Heavy rain,cold,windy....and a good long walk over rough terrain :D I was not disappointed:D held the rain off also plenty of room for movement, and for the hunters out there......it was silent:thumbsup:....only wore a tshirt under it as the weather was reported as warm windy and rain....strange mixture lol. And I knew I would be walking a lot so didn’t want to sweat :D.....did get a little chill towards the end but there’s plenty of room for layers so no worries there.

@1 shot willie no sweating at all mate. So far so good:thumbsup: happy days

Back