• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Rigged and Ready Travel Fishing Rod X5 Combo

Madriverrob

Extremely Addicted
Just got myself a new travel rod from a UK company called Rigged and Ready .

Designed for active anglers . Compact multi purpose, guaranteed travel rods.
Made to the highest standards to fit rucksacks , cabin baggage, bikes , motorhomes, cars or caravans .

riggedandready.net

UK company based in Lake district
2 year guarantee

Multi Function Compact Fishing Rod .
Spin-Bait-Bait cast - Fly Rod ( #6)
SRF Zylon - carbon - Higlass rod blank
Reversible interchangeable handles
Interchangable rod sections ( 10 including tips )
Hybrid eyes for spin and bait cast fishing
4 fishing rod tips
3 casting weights ( 0-15g, 5-20g, 15-40g)
2 to3 rod length options
Hybrid silicone rod eyes

2.2m and 1.9 m rod length

Compact carry case

RR3000 Salt treated 5 bearing spin reel with spare spool and carry bag
Fly reel - graphite frame and spool.
rod1.jpg
Rod2.jpg
Rod3.jpg
Rod4.jpg
Rod5.jpg

Last edited:
Just had a nose’y rob … not a bad price for what you get 👍🏻👍🏻 Very tempted, very ! Will have to let the fishing stuff I’ve already bought simmer out Sharon’s head , but I’m think I will have to snag one of them 😁

have you tried the fly ?

Not had chance yet , am in Devon at end of month and planning a fly day then so that will probably be first chance ….

I usually fish a lot when I’m away on holiday , Greece , Italy , Mexico … it will be perfect for that as it will cover all options …

I’m so far impressed with the quality, casting action and the versatility, the one rod will do me for coarse , fly , and some saltwater lagoon or light rock fishing . The company stress that they will provide a good guarantee and good customer service . The reels seem good quality but you can buy the rod blanks without the reels if you already have .

Not had chance yet , am in Devon at end of month and planning a fly day then so that will probably be first chance ….

I usually fish a lot when I’m away on holiday , Greece , Italy , Mexico … it will be perfect for that as it will cover all options …
Where are you going in Devon mate, I am South Dartmoor and if you are going fishing……..I’m your man! 👍😉

After reading Robs review and other reviews of these "Rigged and Ready Travel Rods".......I have hit the button on one.
The others I have...... are a tight fit in the suitcase and I worry about damage the way the suitcases are grown around by the baggage handlers :rolleyes:
This rod will fit with room to spare....bonus :thumbsup:

I went for a slightly different model that has no fly option......but I am happy with that :)

Went for the "Predator"

Will be looking around at some suitable lures now........all good fun.
This will be a rod I can leave in the car/campervan for those opportune sessions that crop up :thumbsup:

Happy Days :)

Really nice bill 👍🏻 I’ve been look at travel rods for around a year now lol might hit the button at some point…. interested on your opinion on this 👍🏻 Nice price also 👍🏻 Get the fish caught sir 😂

Last edited:
When it arrives Mark I will give it a thrashing down at the beach and will let you know how it performs and feels :thumbsup:
From what Rob and others have said....they are tough and robust rods built well.
Hoping to target Bass...... Leer Fish....and Blue fish while on the Holls' next month :)
Ordered up some wire traces in readiness for the toothy variety :rofl::thumbsup::sneaky:

Ah it’s the same as robs (similar of the same make lol) I’ve got the one rob has saved, also looking at the shimano variety, tho there’s to bloody dear …

You never know bill you could win the top fisher’tunt trophy with said rod 😂 @Madriverrob is leading the way tho!

Ah it’s the same as robs (similar of the same make lol) I’ve got the one rob has saved, also looking at the shimano variety, tho there’s to bloody dear …

You never know bill you could win the top fisher’tunt trophy with said rod 😂 @Madriverrob is leading the way tho!

Yes same make ......different flavour mate.

You never know Mark :D

I am done with taking expensive rods on Holliday now :( after losing a cherished Fly rod and reel.......new Intermediate line + a wallet of my own hand tied flies.
Name and address/phone number on the case......never seen again :crying:...............................Fekkin Sangria........hate the shit now:rofl::rofl::sneaky:

They managed to put the fire out in the bar.....only took 3 hrs :rofl:

@Matt .................You do realise we are talking about FISHing here matt.....you know.......the smelly slimey.....wont eat that shit variety :whistle:

You been on the Cider or what!!!! :rofl:

Back