• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Rigged and Ready Travel Fishing Rod X5 Combo

Hi Mark :)

The one I had.....in its original format....... was an orange brown colour......full cork butt section (Aluminium).......the rings were wire and whipped onto the blank with white and orange thread.
The was a central metal spigot that joined the two sections.......this was one of the very early ones mind you......they may have changed over the years :thumbsup:

In its day..... it was a joy yo use :thumbsup:

Hi Mark :)

The one I had.....in its original format....... was an orange brown colour......full cork butt section (Aluminium).......the rings were wire and whipped onto the blank with white and orange thread.
The was a central metal spigot that joined the two sections.......this was one of the very early ones mind you......they may have changed over the years :thumbsup:

In its day..... it was a joy yo use :thumbsup:

Loved the bloody thing lol , gave it to my nephew. Mine had the black foam wrapped handle with the feiji (spell check lol) reel seat and eyes amazing casting power , however that was all me 🤔😂.

Had a look......there are a couple of the old 484s on the bay Mark :thumbsup:
The reel seat was made from Brass and then chromed..... as was the spigot......had a job getting it off :D

They certainly leave their mark on you :thumbsup:

Actually...... @Madriverrob my apologies mate............. this thread has wandered a bit........bloody @Ark79 AGAIN mate:whistle::whistle::D

Carrying on the "Rigged and Ready" thread :whistle::D

The Predator travel rod turned up late yesterday afternoon......other things going on.....so just had a look over it now.
Put the rod together........very happy with the finish and build of the rod...... stunning.
Spigots are tight and well fitting.......reel seat looks strong and capable......nice strong carry case.

It will cast from 10-30gr on the longer tip and 20-80gr on the shorter one.....absolutely perfect .......and will cope with just about all plugs/spoons and lures that I like to use when fishing :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the reels turning up now so I can get down to the beach to have a play......set up and tune the reel...... and have a play with different weights and types of lures.

A few pictures :thumbsup:

20220430_082547.jpg
20220430_082533.jpg
20220430_082656.jpg

Now that is for sure Mark.....cheers me dear :rolleyes::rofl:

Just waiting on the reels turning up now.....I suppose I could use it to spear the fish until they arrive 🤭🤔
One of them is expected to arrive next Wednesday.....fingers crossed 🤗

Back