• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Robens Fairbanks tent.

This post has reminded me that I need to change the guy lines and guy line tention adjusters on the Fairbanks.

I do not like the ones it comes fitted with........ They are not at all efficient and have a tendency to fray the lines and slip.

Will more than likely use the Nite Ize figure 9s.......... bomb proof.
Also use them on my tarp Bungalow ridge line..... they are very good bits of kit and holdfast...... Look them up on ebay if your thinking of changing yours :thumbsup:

Already changed the useless wire pegs it came with.

Last edited:
Could we see the new lines? I've yet to use my Fairbanks in anger, so can't appreciate the issues with the lines?
The only "wire" pegs mine has are alloy ones for pegging out the groundsheet?
The others are alloy V pegs....which are ok, albeit marginal, and 2 big V pegs for the awning/entrance?

Could we see the new lines? I've yet to use my Fairbanks in anger, so can't appreciate the issues with the lines?
The only "wire" pegs mine has are alloy ones for pegging out the groundsheet?
The others are alloy V pegs....which are ok, albeit marginal, and 2 big V pegs for the awning/entrance?

Just looked on line, I can see myself, tieing myself up with those!!!

They are actually easy to use Lol.....like anything new.....you need to get used to them....which does not take long at all mate šŸ‘

Another one to look at is Clam Cleat...... I use them on the tarp shelter side panels......also used as windbreaks.
Very easy to install and use...... They also lock well and hold fast.
Several different sizes to suit your tent or needs.

The smaller ones are about Ā£5 for 12 I think.
Bigger ones are a little more expensive.

They are definitely worth considering

Worth buying bigger ones..... Easier to use and get a hold on if its cold and icy..... Very strong.

Last edited:
Reactions: lol
@Woodlander

Clam Cleat and Nite Ize are two other companies that may be worth approaching?
Nite Ize especially produce some very interesting and innovative kit useful to campers and Bushcrafters alike.

Have a look at them šŸ‘

Back