• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Robens Fairbanks tent.

Looks the dogs balls bill :thumbsup: glad your happy with it mate:D

20min is fine mate:thumbsup:

You can see the quality in the pictures. Shame about the pegs. But an easy fix mate. Happy day :thumbsup:

Fit 4 she said ;) it’s cold in the winter yi ken bill:rofl::rofl:

Thanks for the interest and feedback Markus :thumbsup:;)

Yes....20 minutes is not too bad I suppose.....but I would like to get it nearer the 10ish minutes.
As you say, mate.....the pegs are an easy fix I will be on to that.

You will be more than welcome to join me inside................. "she said"............. for a cup of tea mate.....as long as you bring the biscuits.....NO crumbs mind :sneaky:

I am now thinking I would like to get the hose pipe on it while the weather is still good........just to make sure ye ken :eek::rofl:
Seam sealer at the ready :whistle::rofl:

Going to look out now for a nice low chair and table to put inside of it.

Passing one's motions :poo: will be warm and draught free too :rofl:..............you won't be welcome on THAT score though :sneaky:
Need to get some more Bog in the Bag.........bags:thumbsup:

I will bring the biscuits :D

Nope...passing the:poo: is a private affair she said. I will not be present :rofl::rofl:

Don’t think it will take you long to get it down to 10min bill :thumbsup: good shout on the hose. Better checked now buddy :thumbsup:

Check out the carp stuff on the bay for the chair and table. Nash do a small sturdy table designed for tents:thumbsup:

Looking good, I was in one of the GoOutdoors display models the other day, I did like it for car camping they look the dogs danglies, but I have my eye on something, lighter ;)

Hi Al.

Yes mate....you would not want to carry it far that's for sure :rofl:
I don't do any hiking at all these days so it will be used from the car.
If I do venture forth I will be in the hammock or under a tarp sod the carrying:rofl:

Do I see your pole...excuse the phrase....going up...inside the tent inner? On mine I wouldn't be able to zip inner doors together, or am I being thick?
Pegs so far have been fine on mine, but I did read somewhere of someone else finding them inadequate. As you transport yours in a car, it's also perfect for a motorbike and/or canoe.....my most common "camping transport"

-Can I use your excellent pictures?

Last edited:
Hi Lol.

Yes mate I found the same issue regarding the pole.......but it does zip up around the pole even so.
Of course....you are welcome to use the pictures as long as you add a link back to the Living in the Wilderness forum......fair one?:thumbsup:......and thank you for asking before using them.

Reactions: lol
Just had a look on evilbay.

This will do.

Small Portable Camping Folding Table Lightweight Party Garden BBQ Outdoor Stall | eBay

And this :thumbsup:

Lightweight Folding Portable Beach Sun Chair Deck Lounger - Green | eBay

I like the wide tubular legs that will spread the weight and not create stress points on the tent's groundsheet.

Wos think you?

I have been thinking recently about how best to protect a tent footprint whilst using metal framed beds, chairs & tables & I wondered if cut to size lengths of this stuff or similar would help !

https://www.screwfix.com/c/heating-plumbing/pipe-insulation/cat831554

It's cheap, lightweight & it wouldn't take up much space.

Just an idea I have floating around inside my tangled mess of a brain ! :)

Without wanting to state the obvious Neil. ......a good site clean is the first step.
Remove as many sticky uppy bits and sharp odjects as you can before laying the footprint of your tent.

Try to find beds....chairs....tables that do not have four legs.
But have wide spread bars.....if that make sense.
Avoiding pressure points as much as possible.
After a good site clean and using the more suitable kit you should not need the lagging pal.

Hi Lol.

Yes mate I found the same issue regarding the pole.......but it does zip up around the pole even so.
Of course....you are welcome to use the pictures as long as you add a link back to the Living in the Wilderness forum......fair one?:thumbsup:......and thank you for asking before using them.

Thank you! I will attribute to LIFE in the Wilderness instead :whistle: if I may....:)

@lol

Ohh.....and by the way mate going back to the Fairbanks pole.
I feel sure you could have the pole inside the sewn in groundsheet if you wanted.
It would need a cup/cap of some description to sit inside of though......as the spike provided might not be the ideal solution :eek::rofl:

@lol

Ohh.....and by the way mate going back to the Fairbanks pole.
I feel sure you could have the pole inside the sewn in groundsheet if you wanted.
It would need a cup/cap of some description to sit inside of though......as the spike provided might not be the ideal solution :eek::rofl:
You've just transformed it back into the Gelert Navajo 4!!! :eek:

:rofl: Why go to that trouble with the pole when it is secure AND outside the tent./groundsheet....one of the advantages over the Gelert?

Back