• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Rotten Calder Water - Back to some exercise

G1ZmO

Site Manager
Staff member
I've been fairly sedentary over the last few weeks so my plan is, (currently 1/2 a bottle of wine down), that tomorrow (Friday) I'll get back into the swing of some exercise by doing a 7.5km loop route of our local glen. A bit more than 1/2 of this is steep, muddy and boulder strewn river which should be fairly full given the rains of the last few days.
Then a 30 target HFT practice shoot at our local ARC.
Saturday: A family day out
Sunday: A full day of airsoft. Running around the woods in a crouch shooting other like-minded folks.

and kicking it all off with a slight hangover. I must learn when to stop! But, let's face it, that's not going to happen. :) LOL

@Stephen contacted me this morning so we both went out on the wee hike for about 6 hours. We ended up only doing about 3km but it was tricky going over steep and muddy slopes and fallen, mossy trees.
We passed a couple of waterfalls, fell on our bums a few times, stopped for a wee hammock camp and had a wee fire and some lunch before heading back.
Got some videos but you'll need to wait on me editing it up.

2019-08-23 14.00.24.jpg

Unfortunately the video of you falling on your arse isn't great. Nearly out of frame as I didn't have hat-cam adjusted properly. :(

Looks like a good day out, not sure what the mission was but hey..... who cares.

Back