• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Runswick Bay part 2 pic heavy

Bopdude

Extremely Addicted
Camp pitched, TW Sargasso tarp, xlite sleep mat with a bivvy and bag, not yet in, bliss to be :)

20160528_174428.jpg
20160528_174419.jpg

Home for the night built, time for a late lunch, lamb leg steaks :)

20160528_165521.jpg

A couple of shots, a real nice day, got the shirt off for a bit of sun bathing

20160528_172849.jpg

20160528_190339.jpg

Time was moving on so it was time to cook before dark set in, venison stew, don't mind if I do, especially washed down with some sloe gin :D

20160528_195439.jpg

As the sun dipped over the hill, it was time to hit the sack, the temp dropped quiet a bit, I could see my breath, so into bed it was. Morning came but I was so cozy I stayed in place until after 9. Great day / night, just what I needed.

Thanks for looking

Camp pitched, TW Sargasso tarp, xlite sleep mat with a bivvy and bag, not yet in, bliss to be :)

View attachment 6664
View attachment 6665

Home for the night built, time for a late lunch, lamb leg steaks :)

View attachment 6666

A couple of shots, a real nice day, got the shirt off for a bit of sun bathing

View attachment 6667

View attachment 6668

Time was moving on so it was time to cook before dark set in, venison stew, don't mind if I do, especially washed down with some sloe gin :D

View attachment 6672

As the sun dipped over the hill, it was time to hit the sack, the temp dropped quiet a bit, I could see my breath, so into bed it was. Morning came but I was so cozy I stayed in place until after 9. Great day / night, just what I needed.

Thanks for looking
You can't beat a good filling one pot meal Bop

There was plenty of it and it all went down, fuel for the night and tasty to boot, just what you need and sooooo simple :)
Well mate simple is quite often the best way to go. Incidentally how much water did you pack in?

Well mate simple is quite often the best way to go. Incidentally how much water did you pack in?

3 litres taken in but a fair bit was drinking water on the walk in and throughout the day, a bit for the stew and a 'bit' left next morning, note to self, not enough for the next days walk, I was gasping for a drink once I got to the car.

3 litres taken in but a fair bit was drinking water on the walk in and throughout the day, a bit for the stew and a 'bit' left next morning, note to self, not enough for the next days walk, I was gasping for a drink once I got to the car.
That's the big problem with a strenuous walk in, water as you know is heavy on a long uphill slog, I have a 2 litre camel bladder that slides in the backpack and also carry a 2 litre milk container of water for an overnight but I don't do long treks anymore

That's the big problem with a strenuous walk in, water as you know is heavy on a long uphill slog, I have a 2 litre camel bladder that slides in the backpack and also carry a 2 litre milk container of water for an overnight but I don't do long treks anymore
Yeah, that was a problem, if that water was good to go it would be nice.

Great pictures m8 That picture with the pot and the view of the hills :thumbsup: spot on

Thanks, pleased with the pics as they were all on the phone cam, I was laid back to get that shot.

Hi Bop.

Part 2 even better than Part 1.........nice pictures.:thumbsup:

Re the water situation.

Could you not carry and extra litre and stash it somewhere on the way up to the camp.....third of the way up while you are still fresh on the tab in?

You then have water on the way back down....maybe an energy bar with it too:thumbsup:

Hi Bop.

Part 2 even better than Part 1.........nice pictures.:thumbsup:

Re the water situation.

Could you not carry and extra litre and stash it somewhere on the way up to the camp.....third of the way up while you are still fresh on the tab in?

You then have water on the way back down....maybe an energy bar with it too:thumbsup:

Yep, that's not a bad idea, if / when I do this one again I'll do just that :thumbsup:

That stew looks amazing mate :D:thumbsup:

Cheers mate, it was spot on and easy to boot, pack of stew veg, pack of venison and a beef stew Colemans thingy, bit of stirring and a lot of drooling and cooking down and viola lol, but thanks :)

Back