• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register
S200 Adjustable Butt Plate Guide

Guide S200 Adjustable Butt Plate Guide

Shortenhauzen

Quite Addicted
Shortenhauzen submitted a new resource:

S200 Adjustable Butt Plate Guide - Guide For The S200 Adjustable Butt Plate

Here is my guide to fitting an adjustable butt plate to my s200. Overall I don't think it's a complicated job as long as you can handle a drill, screwdriver and a file, you will be fine.

Remove the original butt pad which is held on by 2 large screws and stuck on. It took me longer to remove that than refit the new one.

Once the screws were out I used a combination of a hair dryer and Stanley knife blade to gently remove the rubber pad.

Don't...

Read more about this resource...

Looks good, and thanks for posting how you do it, it'll be a great help when I do mine.

By the way, what's the furthest it can go down? I can't imagine it can do any much than 2 or so inches, right?

Thanx for doing that Shorty, sounds pretty straight forward. I held an HW98 a minute ago that my mate picked up, they have one as standard and after feeling it I am definately getting one :)

yep the tawnado ones are almost the same,thing is with the bisley ones they come in brown as well as black.aint got one all mine are black but i bet the brown looks nice.also when i fit em i file em a bit proud then round the edges off and polish em up with emery then wirewool and autosol,just finishes them off.

Hi guys

Yep got it off ebay think i paid 16 inc p&p. Your right daz they move a about inch each way. Still need to fettle a small bit to finish it off and may well give a coat a black paint to dull the shiny bits down. Not used it in anger yet but first impressions are it feels more natural to me when bring it up to my shoulder and seems to be a lot easier in lining my eye up to scope and faster if that makes sense .

Why is the metal above the wood at the top. You'll get a nice slice off that one day. Looks a lot nicer than the standard one though.

Yes Mr Hammer there is / was metal sticking out the top. That pic was taken before i started linishing it down . There is still a slight lip but as i said earlier its not quite there in finished terms.

I will sort this weekend proper as i don't think i have a footie match so will have most of Saturday free to tweak where needed.

My adjustable butt pad arrived today so I fitted it this afternoon but I did things a bit differently.
I lined up/drilled the holes as usual but then I screwed the plate on, put some electrical insulation tape round the stock and filed it in situ, draw filing at the end to try to get a reasonable finish. I then removed the plate and continued drawfiling to remove any burr.
Finally I wet+dried both the filed plate and the one that has the rubber pad on as I thought the finish wasn't up to much.
All I had to do then was re-fit everything and I dont reckon it looks too bad.
This method is easier for me as I dont have access to a vice and I could just sit with the stock and plate on my lap while filing. There may be some slight marks on the stock but they are only slight and dont bother me as this is a working, practical gun and the stock will need a refurb at some point anyway.

Sounds good to me Ian. Stick some pic's up .

Still playing around with mine , Going to paint the bottom plate black as nothing else on my rifle is " Shiny " . Need to test the posistion aswell so am hoping to get out Sunday for a couple of hours Bunny worrying and see how she handles.

Barry

You wont be seeing any pics till the whole gun/scope/silencer are together and finished. Which will be soon as Lyn posted the action back to me this morning, first class recorded. So I may be bunny worrying soon as well!!!!:):):) (Can you tell I'm excited;))

hi guys i'm a newbie, johhny seven, got one of these adj pads last week,what i did was centralise the plate and drill new holes in plate and used origanel screw holes in stock, just changed srews for countersunk ones so they did not foul the but pad. drew round with a pencil then used a flap disc on my grinder to take it down to line then finnished of with smooth file and emery cloth ,then wire wool. what a difference it makes

Back