• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Sad day...........

lol

Extremely Addicted
After decades, and 10 years of this bikes ownership, my beloved Moto Guzzi Norge is now written off.......I hit a car that overtook a parked car, I followed and then it stopped dead.
As an advanced and blue light driver, a motorcycle instructor, I will be deemed too close. In fact I was accelerating with the car I hit to drive around the parked car. Too close.

No injuries save my pride.

After decades, and 10 years of this bikes ownership, my beloved Moto Guzzi Norge is now written off.......I hit a car that overtook a parked car, I followed and then it stopped dead.
As an advanced and blue light driver, a motorcycle instructor, I will be deemed too close. In fact I was accelerating with the car I hit to drive around the parked car. Too close.

No injuries save my pride.

Bugger :(

No injuries is a god day, lessons learnt, even for instructors, all to easy to say sat here, glad you are ok.

You are right, Bopdude, and I shouldn't get to emotive over that bike or anything....but by thingummy, I loved riding that bike! As such it's irreplaceable.
As Matt says "Bugger".
(Well it'll do for a start..................)

....back to varnishing the canoe...........bollocks...oops.

I'm just glad you're ok, I've seen a few RTA deaths over the years... I've also seen a couple of guys that I talked to just disappear off forums and their mums posting what happened afterward. Doesn't bear thinking about.

Thank you all very much.....I think we ought to close this as it's getting a bit maudlin'
All of you, your thoughts and good wishes have taken me by surprise and I thank you.
Beautiful bike or not, 45 years motorcycling or not, there are bigger things to worry about......and good things to come, like getting out somewhere, somewhen!!:D.........somehow? There are many that can't.

....PS....maybe a replacement bike this way comes................

No!:rofl: no no Erbswurst!!!!

But thank you for your sentiments...…….

1/Norge now no more, thanks it seems to "cash for crash" setup...….. ( or is it "crash for cash"....:()
2/Bonneville replacement......

Attachments

• Moto Guzzi Norge 3.JPG
    Moto Guzzi Norge 3.JPG
    427.7 KB · Views: 165
  • Bonneville at Lings.jpg
    Bonneville at Lings.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 207
What's about BMW R 71 or the cheaper but nearly identic Ural M 72 ???

They are nice for the forest.

I knew one, who used at first the BMW in the Army and bought a couple of years later the Ural.
He was very convinced about it!

:whistle:

Cheers guys.👍

(You have to have ridden one.......:crying:)
I have ridden one and know why you are so sad! But as an ex biker anything motorcycle can be repaired or rebuilt, how bad was the damage?

• Love
Reactions: lol
Ooooops...just realised the Bonny should have had her first MOT last Jan!!!!! On my way now!!! 🤬

Back