• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Sailing

Outspan

Slightly Talkative
Still trying to work my way around this forum, couldn’t see anything on sailing and didn’t know how to start a new heading, so putting here!
Cruiser sailing, 24foot and up. Think some of you guys will like it. Very natural using the wind, enhance your navigation (3D) just you and your little capsule heading off to where ever. Or dropping the hook in a cove somewhere.
Sailing has a ‘money person’ stigma, but truth is, most yacht clubs or marinas will have boards with people requesting crew. Mostly racing, but that leads to other stuff.
I just brought a yacht back from the med all paid for (except food) for a charity.
It’s well worth a look at.

Quite new to sailing. Only 20 years. I married into a big sailing family, but it does fit my views very well. We had an Etap 32 but sold as so many other boats wanting crew or delivery. My previous background was canoeing (rodeo and surf) then later power boat and white water rescue boat instruction. We live right on the coast, but mostly I’m in my little boat doing over night bandit runs up the haven.

Saxonaxe was a world girdling sailor, and in my modest way I have a small cruiser I sail up and down the east coast.....

Back