• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Sas Tactical Survival Bow

I don't doubt arrows are easily lost, if I go for it I'll get some budget arrows for messing about and keep the good ones for best.

I always hang a sheet or tarp as a backdrop to the butt, this stops the arrows in flight without any loss or damage. I'm a cheapskate so I use hay bales as a back to my target.

I always hang a sheet or tarp as a backdrop to the butt, this stops the arrows in flight without any loss or damage. I'm a cheapskate so I use hay bales as a back to my target.
Hay must be a lot cheaper to buy there than it is here!
Keith.

It's free since I cut my own...I can use it as a target and the sheep will still be able to enjoy it afterwards :)

Another bonus with these bows is the quality material their made with, aircraft grade aluminium very durable and weather resistant plus you could always club an assailant with it if necessary, duel purpose :D

i'm not sure how strong those bows are if they are put through some stress, I like wooden bows they can be made from natural materials especially post SHTF which probably isn't the case with the bows you mentioned.

They look very durable to me check out this youtube vid(sas survival bow vs primal gear survival bow) the guy does a very good comparison review :thumbsup:

Last edited:
yeah just looked on youtube, they are a very funny looking thing but that's just my traditional way of thinking!:lol:

Back