• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

seeds

Ok companion growing, lets look at carrots, now they are a very small seed so why not mix a packet of radish seed with your carrots?? Radishes mature very quickly so you can pull them long before the carrots mature and also less thinning of the carrots. One think with carrots though is as you thin them you're releasing the smell of carrots into the air which in turn attracts carrot root fly why can quickly destroy a crop. The simple effective remedy is to plant your carrots between rows of marigolds

What do you mean by thining joe?

Toilet roll tubes are great for starting off Sweetcorn and Sweet peas as you can plant the whole thing and not disturb the roots.:)

we have a lot of carion birds it seems here they have started staying awy from miy area now though as i get my air rifle out now and then and i think there scared of the cat and dogs too, but i will be keeping an eye on them
the best time to get them will be dawn and dusk

Back