• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Seeing the good---in the bad

The Boogie Man

Quite Addicted
Well it's -2.5 here tonight, heavy snow showers and driving wind. The garden is carpeted in snow and out of bounds for the moment. But i was thinking this late cold snap could prove beneficial,let me explain. Just after "The Beast from the East" left our shores we has a brief warm spell where temperatures hit double figures. I noticed a spurt in growth from the garden, but also an increase in bug activity. Perhaps the insects thought winter was over and started to come out of hibernation, this sharp cold snap will reduce their numbers quite a bit, a bonus to any gardener.

The same thing happened a few years ago and killed all the wasps off. Good for summer evenings drinking cold beer in pubs; bad for gardeners as wasps eat aphids.

British fruit prices actually went up as supply was short!

Back