• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Self Defence & Hunting Tools, What Is Available to the average person in the UK?

Keith

Very Addicted
Not looking for personal recommendations here, all we want is a list of tools that are available legally for use in a shtf situation by the average person. What could I buy right now?
Keith.

Air Rifles, Bows, Crossbows, Medieval weaponry, catapults. But don't you dare use a "peashooter" blowpipes are banned lol.

A massive range of axes, swords, knifes, throwing stars, paintball guns, bows ( got a compound bow from amazon delivered to my house for £80 ) air rifles, hammers. Almost everything that can be picked up can be used in self defence from sticks to the mug your drinking tea from. A large amount of traps can be made with cordage and a bit of imagination.

So what sort of air rifle would be any good against people rather than rats and crows?

Well I was playing with a gunpower stealth the other day that is a pre charged pneumatic air rifle that can be tuned up to a muzzle energy of a little over 60 f/lbs. at that output you only get about 7 or 8 shots per tank.
12 f/lbs is the legal limit for a non FAC air rifle so that puts it in perspective...probably cheaper and easier to buy a shotgun though.

Well I was playing with a gunpower stealth the other day that is a pre charged pneumatic air rifle that can be tuned up to a muzzle energy of a little over 60 f/lbs. at that output you only get about 7 or 8 shots per tank.
12 f/lbs is the legal limit for a non FAC air rifle so that puts it in perspective...probably cheaper and easier to buy a shotgun though.
Will amaze oh by running this by him, he has the air rifle, I'm only allowed to play with it. I know it is pneumatic, will ask him about tuning it, pretend I need to hit bigger crows :D

Just bear in mind he'll need a FAC if he improves the performance above 12f/lbs but the normal way to do it is to increase the pretension on the spring that opens the air valve when the trigger is pulled to allow more air through. Never start widening valves unless you really know what you're doing.

Back