• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

SELF INFLATING MATS

lol

Extremely Addicted
What is the current concensus on which is a quality SIM? Compactness isn't an issue, about 5cm thick would be great, as would a decent width?
They are for use in a bell tent when canoe camping with my partner, and therefore "back pack- ability" is not a concern.

Thoughts, advice all appreciated :)?

Thermarest Base Camp....or ProLite?? Tempted by Base camp, but any thoughts anyone?

What do you sleep on if not back packing?

Oh my apologies mate I read your headline wrong :confused: i Was thinking inflatable bed..... after reading it properly:cool: I still donā€™t have much knowledge of them lol . Still the thermarest dose get good reviews

Thermarest Pro lite large.... I was fed up sliding off my other sleeping mats... This one gives you lots of room to twist and turn and keeps you warm.... Wee bit bulky but well worth every pennyšŸ‘Œ

I use the ones that you have to blow up yourself, take about a dozen breaths and fold down pretty small. You can get them pretty cheaply too.

Edit add - I think Matt is spelt with two T's. :lol:

I use the ones that you have to blow up yourself, take about a dozen breaths and fold down pretty small. You can get them pretty cheaply too.

Edit add - I think Matt is spelt with two T's. :lol:

For back packing, I would probably go that way too, but these are to be used when camping with partner in the bell tent? Something a little more substantial is called for, I think?

ps....Ho, ho......:rolleyes:

Fair enough mate, that makes sense. Unfortunately I'm of no help to you as my missus is a very reluctant camper, twice in 5 years so she has to make do with my old gear. Good luck with the search.

Reactions: lol
myself , bill and Neil and Paul got a bargain on our last Scotland trip ... we went into an out doors shop (cant remember the name ) and they had self inflating roll mat,s on a special offer down from Ā£49 to Ā£20 .... ive used mine in all weathers and even slept on a sheet of ice and had a good nights sleep ... cant remember the name of the roll mat but in sure @WildWood1965 will be along shortly to give the name of the shop and the make of the roll mat :)

• Haha
Reactions: lol
myself , bill and Neil and Paul got a bargain on our last Scotland trip ... we went into an out doors shop (cant remember the name ) and they had self inflating roll mat,s on a special offer down from Ā£49 to Ā£20 .... ive used mine in all weathers and even slept on a sheet of ice and had a good nights sleep ... cant remember the name of the roll mat but in sure @WildWood1965 will be along shortly to give the name of the shop and the make of the roll mat :)

Knowledge is a wonderful thing!!! :rofl:

Did do, the Comfort XXL 50 two off, sounded good, but they don't list , on their own search facility...... any shop or on line sellers

had to dig it out of my bergen as used it this last weekend :)
Anyone who needs to take a shovel to their bergen to get stuff out...is a bit of a concern... :rolleyes:
Any road up/down/sideways......? have emailed Multimat to enquire. Thank you for the heads up!:thumbsup:

Back