• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

SELF INFLATING MATS

Thank you all....all tumbling in!!

As per earlier messages, Tiso don't stock the model I (think) want, the 50 XXL,, nor do one or two others including Amazon.
So, I have written (emailed) Multimat direct, and await their response...……..

Thank you guys……….bonkers! :D

On the advice/recommendations of all you mad people, I emailed Multimat who recommended Outdoorgear as suppliers, and have ordered 2 50XXLs...……….. 👍

On Matts advice on mats………. and Matts advice mattered...... :rolleyes: …....

The Multimats arrived today from Outdoorgear priced at £57 each free delivery. Cheaper than the Thermarest models I was considering......
These are Multimats largest "basecamp models" from their "premium comfort" range, and not aimed primarily at backpacking, although pack up commendably compactly.....

Details all there….they are nice and wide and long (I'm 6'4"), made out of a lovely abrasion resistant material and not slippery for a sleeping bag.....
Interesting, they can Velcro together to make a double?
Storage bags have a fine fleece lining so they can be reversed and used as a pillow.....thoughtful. Also good repair kit included in a little integral wallet container. Nice touches, and they self inflate well. Pretty impressed so far....now need to get them used! Even my partner said, "ooh lets go camping again!" We only got back last week!!
Multimat have a very extensive range, depending on your criteria...…...

Thank you Matt for bringing them to my attention!! :thumbsup:

We have an Exped MegaMat I find it more comfortable and better for my back than the one on our bed at home.
Insulation wise if I remember correctly you can sleep on a glacier and not get a cold back with the 100mm version.
Only bad thing is they can be a bit slow to deflate and aren’t particularly compact even when they are deflated.

We have an Exped MegaMat I find it more comfortable and better for my back than the one on our bed at home.
Insulation wise if I remember correctly you can sleep on a glacier and not get a cold back with the 100mm version.
Only bad thing is they can be a bit slow to deflate and aren’t particularly compact even when they are deflated.

Guess it comes down to what you're using it for. Welcome to the forum by the way.

I got one of the multi mats while we were in the highland in Feb and found it very comfortable in the tent for ground dwelling though I did have a wool blanket on top of it as we were camping on snow.
I mostly hammock though and have not tried to use it in this way. Has anyone?

I got one of the multi mats while we were in the highland in Feb and found it very comfortable in the tent for ground dwelling though I did have a wool blanket on top of it as we were camping on snow.
I mostly hammock though and have not tried to use it in this way. Has anyone?

@G1ZmO

Yes Paul :)

No problem at all......personally I found it best not to fully inflate the matt though......this allows it to mould to you in the hammock a lot easier........ and stay in place.
Finding the balance for the best inflate pressure is easy.
You loose very little......if any......insulation value by doing this :thumbsup:

Back