• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

shaving sharp or custom mods

sean

First Post
i don't usually join forums etc but as a lifelong knife addict since 7 year old i had to share this all too rare find with others.
if you're like me and take ages to sharpen a knife then scowl at the blade marks afterwards.
i did a google search expecting no luck and what a surprise found a guy near bath www.sharpening-service.co.uk postal service too by the way
so i thought well it can't hurt to phone and see . long story short, took 4 knives over came back half an hour later razor sharp paper shredding sharp and polished edges total cost 30 quid
not bad it would have taken me all week at home to do this.
so impressed next day took a rucksack full of knives same result. have a new Tom Brown Tracker ,showed the guy a youtube clip of a custom grind on one said can you do that , two days later i know own a custom grind Tom Brown Tracker that's unique.
give this guy a try i wish id found this place ten years ago.
on the subject of Tom Brown Trackers anyone know a custom sheath available in the UK either kydex of bridle leather, thanks Sean

Hi Sean.

Nice first post mate.....very useful.

Please take a minute to introduce yourself in the "Welcome Section" where you will also see the forum rules:thumbsup:

It gives you the chance to tell us a bit about yourself.......and the forum members the chance to welcome you properly to the forum.

Thank You.:)

no good having a knife if you can't sharpen it your self, me and a lot of us go way over the top to get hair shaving edges, but all you really need is a few strokes on an old fashion sharpening steal once in a while

I have seen a few sheaths ruined by overly sharp knives :confused:
As you say Lee......a good steel is good enough for normal bush craft work.

A sharp knife in the hands of a novice can be dangerous. A dull knife is dangerous PERIOD. If you own knives, then learn how to sharpen them, JMHO.

Back