• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Shelter.

Vintage cotton/canvas........... then again frequently a tarp, but also now have uber light OneTigris Smokey Hut......tarp with benefits!!

(Just lurrv my Good Companions, lavvu.............or bell tent if glamping with partner...)

When we had family here over summer the kids did something similar with a load of willow staves and Lol's old lavvu...they had great fun messing about with a Swedish torch to cook marshmallows on.
"Lol's old lavvu"??? Thanks for putting it back, but ask next time!! :rofl:

...and I really like the one that I got from you Lol...I am a complete convert...I'm also enjoying experimenting with it using a single hazel stave as a centre pole and split ash wooden pegs. The bigger pegs used with guy lines mean I can get it nice and taught.

Good idea...saves carrying a load of metal work! The problem with me is I'm a lanky sod, so a pole in the middle takes precious space for me (I need every inch I can get...woah there!! šŸ¤¬ ), hence my alloy a frame outside.

Not a swinger then Sax...

No, I've got a Hammock stowed away somewhere but I found that to get good protection I ended up with the Tarp about a foot from my nose when in the Hammock. Admittedly I could see out over my feet or the grass each side if I looked down but quite honestly I see more of a view looking out of a tent open doorway.

How the bloke in this set up can claim he's got a good view puzzles me.
hammock.jpg

Laying in my sleeping bag looking out the open door, I bet I've got a better field of view.
DSCF4262.jpg

Ok in fine weather I suppose when the Tarp can be rigged high above the Hammock

Attachments

• hammock.jpg
    hammock.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCF4262.jpg
    DSCF4262.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 12
Back