• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Shooters...show Us Ya Kit?

Woodlandwanderer

Slightly Talkative
heres mine..

12495209_10153544437834118_7679374967244839077_n_zps5t94oge1.jpg

Gamo varmint Stalker barricade in .22
was diabolical for first 200 shots as it was over lubed n dieseled like mad.......now after a tin of pellets its settled down nice. 2p sized groups at 40 yds and hits like a death hammer using Accupels......it was cheap at £169 inc scope, bag n sights and i like the synthetic stock as its light, i have had rifles a plenty.HW35 Orig Mod 45, Falcon FN19, Logun S16, Airsporter, El Gamo 300, Webley Osprey, Webley Hawk MK3, and others i have forgot....yet this is fast turning out to be my favourite gun i ever had

Mark, is that FAC then? the law change in Scotland is a sod innit? bloody govmt cant keep their hands off our toys can they?

I have modern guns, BRNO .22 LR Rimfire rifle, Single shot .22 LR rimfire rifle, .410 shotgun, Black Powder breech-loading 12 gauge shotgun double, BSA .22 air rifle, & a couple of percussion muzzleloaders, but these below are my favourites & the ones I would be relying on long term post shtf.
Keith.

My .62 caliber/20 gauge flintlock fusil with a 42 inch barrel. This is the one I carry in the woods all the time.
Fusil New REDUCED.jpg

My .32 caliber flintlock rifle with double set triggers. This one was built for my sons to learn how to shoot, which they did. Very accurate, uses round ball or conical, more powerful than a .22 breechloader & more economical to use.
FLINTLOCK RIFLE 006 REDUCED.jpg

My .70 caliber smoothbore flintlock pistol with cannon barrel & a left hand lock with brass lock plate. This is purely for defence. Like the fusil it can use small bird shot, swan shot (Buckshot), round ball or a combination of any two of these. Despite being a .70 caliber I am able to use the same ammunition as I use for the .62 caliber fusil.
Pistol video REDUCED.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, this is a Break barrel, springer Air rifle .22 making at a guess 11ftlbs.... it works well for rabbit, pidgeon etc out to 35-45 yards depending on your capability of a shooter.....i have no doubt whatsoever it will drop a bunny at 50yds.
there is a Gas Ram available that would (If I had FAC) take it to 25-30ftlbs....which would make 60-70 yard shots a possibility. the gas ram kit from Australia is only £35 i apply for my FAC ASAP!! ( or just but the ram and keep it for when TSHTF!!...then all bets r off innit?)

Hi, this is a Break barrel, springer Air rifle .22 making at a guess 11ftlbs.... it works well for rabbit, pidgeon etc out to 35-45 yards depending on your capability of a shooter.....i have no doubt whatsoever it will drop a bunny at 50yds.
there is a Gas Ram available that would (If I had FAC) take it to 25-30ftlbs....which would make 60-70 yard shots a possibility. the gas ram kit from Australia is only £35 i apply for my FAC ASAP!! ( or just but the ram and keep it for when TSHTF!!...then all bets r off innit?)
Good one. I used to shoot wood pigeons at about 50 yards from my bedroom window with my BSA break action. I brought it back with me to Australia on one of my visits, & still have it. Trying to remember the model (locked in gun safe locked in study!!!), not the Meteor, the one below that?
Keith.

What is the power supply/action on this rifle Mark?
Keith.

The power supply is air (pcp) and its bolt action. Air drives a piston up to the pellet cartridge and lodes the rifle so it can't double lode.10 shot cartridge

Mark, is that FAC then? the law change in Scotland is a sod innit? bloody govmt cant keep their hands off our toys can they?

We needed a law on air rifles am not sure this is the way it should have turned out but time will tell (bit expensive)

It's not FAC at the mo sooty...I have applied for one to get it FAC....that was 7 months ago:(.the last time it was cron'd it was sitting just above 11. It's a heavy rifle (front end ) but a like it that way.​

nice one K, I've got nothing like that, although I've got a horse bow someone made for me, I've also got a couple of Slazenger bows, got one off ebay and the other one at a local auction.

poundage isn't marked for some reason.
I think one is about 60inch the other is 72inch (its as tall as I am and i'm 6 feet), I've got them packed away at the moment as we had the workmen in fitting new windows.

Last edited:
I have Hatsan 85X .22 that i use for vermin control and bit of bunny /pigeon etc for the pot .
I also have a .177 BSA meteor.
Unfortunately, been a bit of a rogue, there is no way I would get a FAC :(

I've got a .22 BSA meteor + 2 others.
I don't want an FAC, no way am I getting on a Police firearms list.

I have Hatsan 85X .22 that i use for vermin control and bit of bunny /pigeon etc for the pot .
I also have a .177 BSA meteor.
Unfortunately, been a bit of a rogue, there is no way I would get a FAC :(

We all went through that stage m8 as long as your not a rogue now you will have a chance should give it a go all they can say is no

A wouldn't mind having a go at bow making...made a few as a kid lol hopefully a haven't forgot what to do lol

I have one that I am making, but still more to do. Must make time & finish it.
Keith.

Back