• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Shooting accessories.

1 shot willie

Very Obsessed
A place to talk about the accessories you use while shooting.......sticks.......hides........shooting and game bags.........clothing......etc etc.

Occasionally I feel like doing a Blue Peter with the scissors, sticky back plastic and a bog roll...:D So eyeing up an empty milk container that was lurking in the kitchen, I decided it was playtime..

Tools of the trade, and a dissected milk bottle.
P1040807.jpg

Plastic half shell Pigeon decoy..with a bit of self adhesive velcro stuck where his wing roots are, and an M5 stainless bolt stuck through from the inside.

P1040809.jpg

A piece of plastic re-inforcing glued inside.

P1040808.jpg

Milk bottle wing with re-forcing patch and sprayed with car paint.

P1040810.jpg

If I do the nut up loosely the wing flaps or at least moves a little in the wind, the velcro keeps it at about the correct alignment. Now either the Pigeons in my area need to go to SpecSavers or are a bit dim because they seem to like coming in to join my " Here's one I made earlier" brand of decoys. I'v made a few and I know I can buy super dooper electric flappers etc: but then I don't get to play with scissors and glue..

Stand by for take off...:rofl:

P1040812.jpg

Back