• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Shotguns

edd5322

Extremely Talkative
Quick question

Has anyone on here known of anyone with PTSD going for a gun licence and if so was the answer Helllllllllllllllll no haha

I have tried to look online but found nothing.

I would obviously be usiing it for clay shoots and any other hunting i could do really.

I'm by far no expert, having a hidden disability myself precludes me from having a licence. But I would think it would all depend on the medical report. Go and have a word with your doc who's treating your PTSD and see what they have to say about it before you lay out eighty odd quid only to be told Oh no, no, no, no, no!

hahah cheers bud good idea , only trouble is says on my army med docs not to have ammunition or weapons at the moment haha(didnt stop them giving me ammo account or keys to amouries mind).Was thinking down the line rather than now.

Thanks for the reply mike

Edd, I presume your getting help with your issues and I'd not apply yet...you won't get a chitty. Take all the help you can and heal well then look at applying.

Good luck with the healing, it does work and don't listen to people who say otherwise...chin up mate.

As MikeR said, it would be down to what your medical report said and how your PTSD manifested itself. Harry's advice seems the most sound way of dealing with this.
If you want to shoot clays you can always borrow a gun belonging to a friend or the club, the same with driven shoots.
If your application is turned down your application fee is refunded but a note is kept of any previous application that was refused and the grounds for refusal.

Cheers guys (Harry especially)

The answers were as i though really, but some thoughts need reinforcement really.

Hey edd. You're gonna struggle to be honest mate, the new vetting process includes more interaction with your GP etc, your med records are going to be looked at, if you decide to apply just be 100% honest. Echoing Harry I hope you're on the mend.

I think wont be worth it for least few years down the line by sounds of it.Oh well pellet gun and archery it is till then,on plus side more strings to a bow(no pun intended).

I'd echo what the person advising seeing your GP to get a referral letter. No harm in trying.

Back