• Welcome to The Bushcraft Forum

You are currently viewing the site as a guest and some content may not be available to you.

Registration is quick and easy and will give you full access to the site and allow you to ask questions or make comments and join in on the conversation. If you would like to join then please Register

Should I buy a Polish Army Luvvu?

I've used mine a handful of times, partially just for the sake of it, I bought it to have a canvas tent I could have a fire next to, I tend to roll with a DD 3x3 tarp, its more versatile. I keep mine 'buttoned up' on one side and about 2/3rds buttoned up on the other and I've fabsil-ed the crap out of it although I'd used it a couple times before that in rain and it was fine. Its a nice simple but bulky shelter. I'm 6' (when I stand up straight) and if you peg it out slightly longwise its no problem, just enjoy it mate, its a fun shelter. If you get round to pimping it, I'll be looking forward to your posts. A zip would make things a lot easier and I've politely asked the missus to rig one but was less than politely told that she wasn't amenable to the suggestion. :(

Have you seen the vid about buttoning a zip in place...just brilliant!?

The Bukta label yes...but sorry, the Kestrel as a specific model is banned!

🤣
(my rules, nah, nah, nah!)

Yahay!!!
Personally.....here we go..... I reckon leave off the skirts and rig an external A frame......more space and a lot simpler?
If sewing is a problem, and I wish I'd seen this video sooner.....the one where a zip is buttoned in? Just so clever......
(ooh and its rigged inside out in you photo? But looks lovely!! 👍 )

Agreed but it it keeps you dry then its all good, seen some debate on this. Where's the vid with the zip buttoned in ??

Reactions: lol
Sooooo would there be a market for someone who could add zips and stuff? :whistle:
You need a serious sewing machine for that kind of job.
image.jpeg

Agreed but it it keeps you dry then its all good, seen some debate on this. Where's the vid with the zip buttoned in ??

I thought it was this thread, but have been unable to find it? :oopsy: Am going to do a wider search in about 15 mins., just got to do something first.....

I thought it was this thread, but have been unable to find it? :oopsy: Am going to do a wider search in about 15 mins., just got to do something first.....

Colour me intrigued, I'd guess it would involve some kind of sewing, I'm up for SOME sewing but I lack the skill to do the serious stuff.

I think Ive narrowed down where Im going to buy my canvas from for my Lavvu mods, which colour do you think is closed the green or the beige?

I think Ive narrowed down where Im going to buy my canvas from for my Lavvu mods, which colour do you think is closed the green or the beige?

Olive :thumbsup:

In other news this is the Lavvu FB group that I mentioned to you at the Summer Meet

Polish & Hungarian Lavvu owners Worldwide

Loads of hints & tips on there ! :thumbsup:

Oops! Just bought the lavvu's granddaddy......a de Vrijbuiter pyramid tent:eek: Don't know how all 48kgs of it will go in my LK 35???:rofl:

Back